+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does a criminal charge affect pr application

Dino2019

Jul 14, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Update: I informed IRCC about the charges using webform and I have received my work permit last week. Case is still pending in the court.
Hello I have similar case too and am about to renew my work permit and my lawyer has informed me to disclose it in my application. Please how long did you stay before the work permit was approved?

love44

Jul 24, 2024
Hi I have one question. I was working in Canada and I was little upset because of my PR then my co-worker told the manager that he gonna commit suicide without saying me nothing, then my company call 911 without told me anything and the officer arrest me and took me to the hospital and discharge me same day. Is this whole incident affect my permanent residence file in Canada? I do not have any charge but they took me to the hospital and doctor told he was fine and discharge me on same day.

GauriSingh

Sep 2, 2024
Hello,

I submitted my PR application in the first week of May 2024, based on my education and work experience in Canada over the past year. I did not include my spouse in the application because he is currently involved in a criminal case in India under section 326 (It was a fight between friends where he was not directly involved but they involved his name as well). Although we have reached a compromise, we are unsure of how long it will take to resolve the issue. I have disclosed all relevant details about his situation to IRCC.

My concern is that we do not yet have his Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Will this impact my PR application? He recently passed his medical exams in late July 2024. With four months having already passed and only one month remaining, could you provide any advice or reassurance?

Thank you.