+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents requirements if I am claiming 5 points of my uncle living in Canada

kawish94

Sep 30, 2018
Hi folks, I am going to claim points of my uncle (my father younger brother) who is living in Canada from 15 years, what documents should I need to show for the authenticity ? So that I am able to attach in my application.

Awaiting for your prompt response.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Hi folks, I am going to claim points of my uncle (my father younger brother) who is living in Canada from 15 years, what documents should I need to show for the authenticity ? So that I am able to attach in my application.

You need to provide document ( like their Birth Certificates) which proves your father and your uncle have same parents.

Reactions: kawish94

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017

You will only get 5 adaptability points towards fsw eligibility points where you are required to score minimum 67 points. No crs points are available for relatives unless you have siblings. So if you already are scoring 67 eligibility points without this 5 adaptability points then you can answer No to this relative related question and avoid documentations. But if you must get this 5 points to make yourself eligible for express entry then you need following documents mentioned below.

Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)
Purpose
To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having
  • a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points).
Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

kawish94

Sep 30, 2018

You need to provide document ( like their Birth Certificates) which proves your father and your uncle have same parents.
Thanks bro, means I can easuea avail 5 points for adding ppinpo in my crs score?

kawish94

Sep 30, 2018
You will only get 5 adaptability points towards fsw eligibility points where you are required to score minimum 67 points. No crs points are available for relatives unless you have siblings. So if you already are scoring 67 eligibility points without this 5 adaptability points then you can answer No to this relative related question and avoid documentations. But if you must get this 5 points to make yourself eligible for express entry then you need following documents mentioned below.

Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)
Purpose
  • a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points).
Document requirements
  • This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  • A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  • Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
    • The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  • Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship).
  • If the applicant claims a stepbrother or stepsister, there should be no evidence in the application that the marriage or common-law relationship between the parents of the stepbrother or stepsister has broken down.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Thanks for the detailed explanation, means I can get points in increasing my CRS score.?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for the detailed explanation, means I can get points in increasing my CRS score.?
Nop, no CRS points for having an uncle. Only 5 FSW eligibility points. I think you are not clear enough about FSW eligibility points and Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Points. You need to be eligible first to join the express entry pool. It is 100 available eligibility points based on six selection factors where you must score 67 points. Once you become eligible you will be placed in express entry pool and ranked by your crs points on available 1200 points. When express entry draw is conducted and X number of invitations are issued only highest ranked X number of candidates will get ITA. Only a Canadian brother or sister of primary applicant or spouse can give 15 CRS points but an uncle/aunt only gives 5 eligibility points, not CRS points.

Please read below-
You can earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is:
  • living in Canada and
  • a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
To get these points, the brother or sister must also be
  • 18 years old or older
  • related by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common
Read about six selection factors-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

You can use this tool to check your eligibility-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Read about
Comprehensive Ranking System
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Check your CRS score
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

kawish94

Sep 30, 2018
Nop, no CRS points for having an uncle. Only 5 FSW eligibility points. I think you are not clear enough about FSW eligibility points and Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Points. You need to be eligible first to join the express entry pool. It is 100 available eligibility points based on six selection factors where you must score 67 points. Once you become eligible you will be placed in express entry pool and ranked by your crs points on available 1200 points. When express entry draw is conducted and X number of invitations are issued only highest ranked X number of candidates will get ITA. Only a Canadian brother or sister of primary applicant or spouse can give 15 CRS points but an uncle/aunt only gives 5 eligibility points, not CRS points.

Please read below-
You can earn 15 additional points if you (or your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada) have a brother or sister who is:
  • living in Canada and
  • a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
To get these points, the brother or sister must also be
  • 18 years old or older
  • related by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common
Read about six selection factors-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

You can use this tool to check your eligibility-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Read about
Comprehensive Ranking System
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Check your CRS score
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Thanks for the detailed explanation

asfia.aman

Jun 6, 2023

Purpose
Document requirements
hey. So if the principal applicant is not claiming 5 points for uncle in the eligibility as he is eligibile without it, does the applicant need to mention this point as an LOE post AOR?