+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents Required for obtaining a Canadian student visa for Indian students

Aswin Rao

Jun 24, 2016
HI,

I have a very important question regarding Canadian student visa, I am going to apply to university of Alberta for Undergrad in computing sciences for the fall term and i am still confused with what documents i have to submit to CIC and also i am not planning to apply for a student loan. Also i am 17 years old so would i require a letter from my parents and also it would be grateful if i could know what are the specific documents i require, also how long it usually take to process and what are the chances of getting a student permit at this peak time. Thanks in advance.

sushmita

Apr 28, 2016
There is checklist available on the CIC website. Get the docuents according to it.
Still as far as I know following documents are needed.
letter of acceptance from registrar
your all transripts
e-medical receipt if you already have done the medicals
GIC certificate
tution payment reciept
other financial documents
SOP
other documents you may need as you are minor. I have no idea about it.

Please go through the checklist

The process takes 5 weeks as per the website but its all about luck. You might get early. Do not think about rejection without applying. Be positive!!!!

Aswin Rao

Jun 24, 2016
do i have to pay the whole first year fees of is it okay to pay only the first term fee, also can i get help in understanding what financial documents i require, thanks in advance

sushmita

Apr 28, 2016
Download the package from CIC website. You will get it there. There are 5 to 6 pages.

Yes you need to pay one year fees. Alternatively you can pay one term fees and show funds for other term.
Better to pay one year fee.