+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents needed to enter canada

Sadia06

Mar 25, 2020
Hi guys, i was planning on travelling to canada and i have submitted my quarantine plan for approval to my college, the problem is my college said they wont give a quarantine approval letter but instead will give a travel support letter instead. I wanted to ask do we have to show the quarantine plan to the officer or no since the dli is already in the covid-19 approved list? Thank you

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hi guys, i was planning on travelling to canada and i have submitted my quarantine plan for approval to my college, the problem is my college said they wont give a quarantine approval letter but instead will give a travel support letter instead. I wanted to ask do we have to show the quarantine plan to the officer or no since the dli is already in the covid-19 approved list? Thank you
Hello, what college is that?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Yes. Read the ircc website.

Sadia06

Mar 25, 2020
Yes. Read the ircc website.
Yes im sorry but my college only issued a letter saying that her quarantine plan has been approved by us and stating that my travel is essential. There is no mention of my address or quarantine plan apart from it is approved and they wont send a separate quarantine plan to share with the CBSA officer

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Yes im sorry but my college only issued a letter saying that her quarantine plan has been approved by us and stating that my travel is essential. There is no mention of my address or quarantine plan apart from it is approved and they wont send a separate quarantine plan to share with the CBSA officer
So IRCC website states you need a quarantine plan, therefore bring one. Bring your letter of introduction, bring your enrollment letter, bring your proof of funds, bring proof of where you'll live.

thecazgir

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
So IRCC website states you need a quarantine plan, therefore bring one. Bring your letter of introduction, bring your enrollment letter, bring your proof of funds, bring proof of where you'll live.
Hi there,
I applied for the permit in Oct. Let's say I receive the approval next month and booked a fligh. Do you think I'll have to obtain another updated bank statement or can I use the ones I got for the study permit application? @Bishops2020

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi there,
I applied for the permit in Oct. Let's say I receive the approval next month and booked a fligh. Do you think I'll have to obtain another updated bank statement or can I use the ones I got for the study permit application? @Bishops2020
The more recent one, the better. I will be asking to refresh all financial docs just in case, but I imagine that if docs are no older than 6 months they should work

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
IRCC website states the following:

International students who had a study permit application approved have been sent a letter (push notification) advising the principal applicant or their authorized representative about

• public health measures in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada
  • what to expect upon arrival, in particular the 14-day mandatory quarantine instructions
  • the exemption from the travel restrictions should they be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose and destined to study at a DLI with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by the province or territory
Etc etc.....

I got an OPR but didn't get any letter that is referred to above. Any ideas what this is about?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
IRCC website states the following:

International students who had a study permit application approved have been sent a letter (push notification) advising the principal applicant or their authorized representative about

• public health measures in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in Canada
  • what to expect upon arrival, in particular the 14-day mandatory quarantine instructions
  • the exemption from the travel restrictions should they be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose and destined to study at a DLI with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by the province or territory
Etc etc.....

I got an OPR but didn't get any letter that is referred to above. Any ideas what this is about?
Did they return your passport already? I imagine they will finalize your app only after stamping a visa

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Did they return your passport already? I imagine they will finalize your app only after stamping a visa
Only got the OPR yesterday. Will be sending the PP tomorrow. Yes, I presume the application will be closed/complete/finalized after the PP is returned.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Only got the OPR yesterday. Will be sending the PP tomorrow. Yes, I presume the application will be closed/complete/finalized after the PP is returned.
Same happened to me :) I assume that I will receive all of the docs as soon as my passport is dispatched from VAC

Reactions: azzamkc

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Same happened to me :) I assume that I will receive all of the docs as soon as my passport is dispatched from VAC
Happy for you........ Hope we hear more good news for the rest in the forum.

Reactions: janesama

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Grats! When did you send in your passport?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Grats! When did you send in your passport?
On Thursday evening (Oct 22). It arrived to VAC yesterday and I got notification from VFS that they are "transiting" my application from IRCC to somewhere else (a fancy way of saying your visa stamp is in transit from embassy to us). Anyway, I think sometime next week I will get my passport back. Once again, I got my things so fast only because people hardly apply to come to Canada from my country

Reactions: Tete