+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documenting responsibilities in reference letter

teamo

Apr 19, 2010
Hi Folks,

I have applied under 0213 in April, 2010 and in the initial application and have mentioned my current role/responsibilities as given below.

NOC-code Role Responsiblities
0213 Project Manager xyz...

Problem is that unfortunately, I didn't break my 4 year experience into all roles I have held in that organization. During my stay in that particular organization my initial role was 'ABC' and later I was promoted to project manager (3 years experience as project manager). Now I have following two options. Please suggest me which one should should I opt.

1- Get a reference letter from my employer stating that I have been working as project manager since my joining date. In this way I don't have to make any change in Schedule-3 form while sending the detail documentation

2- Get a reference letter form my employer stating both roles with appropriate dates & responsibilities. Then update Schedule-3 forms accordingly while sending detail documentation in second phase (after pre-assessment).

Thanks,
Naeem

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GO TO OPTION 2

You can not claim manager post directly. You require some experience to go for manager post.

Refer the link

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=0213

Employment requirements

* A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or engineering is usually required.

* Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.

teamo

Apr 19, 2010
Thank you for an expert opinion and this is what I was thinking of. Specially when I will send my employment/job offer letter and reference letter there would be a mismatch. of course my job offer letter will state my initial role which is a definite point for a visa officer to pick and judge that there was a shift in role.

Doing this way (changing schedule-3 form) don't you think that it can impact on the final decision. I mean this way there would be sort of mismatch in the documents. Initial Schedule-3 form sent to CIO contains only one role against my last job while Schedule-3 form in second phase would have two roles mentioned.

Note: I have total 8.5 years of experience (including 3 years of project management) so even if I break my role into two I still get my points. Only thing I am concious about is should I change what I have stated initially in Schedule-3

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.
Naeem

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Option 2. Include a cover letter explaining the changes, and that you realized you made a mistake in the initial app. If the change does not affect your eligibility, it will be ok.

Leo75

May 24, 2010
Hi Teamo

I m also going to apply under 0213 category. I m working as Team Lead, But I m little bit confused about responsibilities
Will you please send me your responsibilities under 0213 coz u have already applied.

Thanks in advance... and looking forward for reply.

Thanks
Leo

teamo

Apr 19, 2010
Hi,

I have also been working as Technical Lead but I consider this role under o213 as responsibilities under this role are almost same as for project manager. My four year experience in current organization can be break in two roles (Team Lead and Project Manger) but I grouped them under Project Manager during phase 1. Now in phase 2 I will do the same but my experience letter will show both of them with detail responsibilities and duration. As a technical Lead, I can see following should be the responsibilities.

1- Managing team of programmers/developers to deliver software applications
2- Communication with Client to collect, analyze and prepare the requirements
3- Analyze, design, and develop software application.

See above are some of the responsibilities (as technical lead but these also comes under 0213). Carefully analyze your responsiblities and see if you can accommodate them under 0213. as far as role is concerned you can slightly tweak that like Technical Manager, MIS Manager etc.

PLEASE REVIEW THE LIST OF ROLES AND CAREFULLY CHOOSE/TWEAK ONE OF THEM.

/Naeem

Leo75

May 24, 2010
Dear Teamo,

thanks for your reply...

I m performing some of the responsibilities mentioned under 0213.

Can you send me detailed responsibilities of your's not copy paste from www.cic.gc.ca, You have already applied under 0213 . .......(in terms of Software Industry).

So that I will elaborate more and write these responsibilities on Reference letter from my current employer.

I will be very thankful to you .....

thanks
Leo