+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document request

jezzicaaaaa

May 18, 2016
Hi everyone, I need your help!

So I submitted my application for sponsorship last month and I just got an email from HK for document request.

I just dont understand because apparently every document that they're asking for was submitted with the whole package.
So this is what they emailed me:

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.
Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
Ø If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at:

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: . If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.
For the principal applicant:
Ø If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. To pay your fees online, click here:

For all dependent children, whether accompanying or not:
Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a scanned notarized copy of the original Medical Certificate of Birth issued by the Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

For all dependent* children 19 and over:
Ø Evidence that (s)he has been continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority, and that (s)he is actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis. Documentation must include transcripts.
OR
Ø Evidence that (s)he is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.
*Note: To review the definition of a dependent child, please visit:

Please submit all the requested documents with a copy of this letter in a single package. If there are any documents you are unable to submit in your package, please include a detailed explanation.

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

I'm like confused... Are they actually asking for all that documents again or am I misunderstanding it? :'( :'( ???

jezzicaaaaa

May 18, 2016
I hope someone can answer my question, I'm freaking oouuuuttt :(
Cause I'm currently in Canada so getting these docs all over again would be a pain in the ass
but if they're actually asking for it I would get them done right away so yeah I just need to knoww

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
jezzicaaaaa said:
I hope someone can answer my question, I'm freaking oouuuuttt :(
Cause I'm currently in Canada so getting these docs all over again would be a pain in the ass
but if they're actually asking for it I would get them done right away so yeah I just need to knoww
Hey don't panic !! If you read thoroughly in every beginning of the requests it says
'If not Yet Submitted " so if you have dont worry about it ...go through it make sure that you did submit everything ...

MrLucky

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
We're also through HK and got the same letter. One thing I did was review through the docs to see if I missed anything etc. When I first submitted them I was rushed and a few things didint really make sense. Since finding this forum its been good to read what others have done, and have a better understanding of the process.

One note is ensure the photos are within their specifications. They're really picky about them being spot on.

Best of luck!

Your pal,
Mr. Lucky

jezzicaaaaa

May 18, 2016
MrLucky said:
We're also through HK and got the same letter. One thing I did was review through the docs to see if I missed anything etc. When I first submitted them I was rushed and a few things didint really make sense. Since finding this forum its been good to read what others have done, and have a better understanding of the process.

One note is ensure the photos are within their specifications. They're really picky about them being spot on.

Best of luck!

Your pal,
Mr. Lucky
OMG that's good to know. I freaked out and now I'm glad that I just misunderstood! Lol, I'm pretty sure they're all good but I have a copy of what I submitted so I'm going through them now. Thanks so much!!
:) ;D :D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jezzicaaaaa said:
OMG that's good to know. I freaked out and now I'm glad that I just misunderstood! Lol, I'm pretty sure they're all good but I have a copy of what I submitted so I'm going through them now. Thanks so much!!
:) ;D :D
It is a generic message. It looks like they specifically want IMM5669 with more information. If you submitted everything else hat is listed in the email, then all you need to send is the updated forms they requested.

the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

MrLucky

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
BTW when did you apply? There are 2 of us in the October cohort through the HKVO and it would be interesting to track other HKVO applications. Especially since it seems they're speeding up!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
It is a generic message. It looks like they specifically want IMM5669 with more information. If you submitted everything else hat is listed in the email, then all you need to send is the updated forms they requested.

the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
Yes, HKVO (not sure of other VOs) is a pain. IMM 5669 back to 18 years old. Seems to happen to a lot of people, myself included. They might as well put that down in the form as a requirement (or in the region specific requirement) to avoid the extra work for everyone and potential delay.