+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Checklist -Proof of Relationship- section 7 lines A-D Question

cnyel1967

Aug 8, 2020
New poster here. I'm a Canadian living in US and my American wife and I are getting ready to start filling out all the docs for Outland application to move back to Canada. I think I have almost everything down but had a question/clarification on the Document Checklist IMM5533, page 7 section 7, Proof of Relationship Items A through D. We were able to check YES to all but one of the 4 questions ( We were both previously married- item C). Below that section it says if you were NOT able to answer YES to all 4 questions, we would need to provide additional proof of relationship (such as photos, shared documents etc)

My question is- we have been married 22 years and will be providing marriage certificate with application and other docs. We also have 2 children together between ages of 18-21 (both have Dual US/Canadian citizenship). We've lived in the US since we were married. Seems that providing additional proof of relationship (page 8, item E) such as pictures, additional docs is a little redundant. We can certainly supply the proof, but I'd hate to do all the extra work if we really don't need to do it. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Follow the instructions even if it seems redundant. The first step in processing is confirmation that the file is complete against the checklist and there is a real risk it would be returned and processing would not start, meaning you would lose months of time.

It's of course quite likely that when the file is looked at, it will be obvious and the photos etc would only be glanced at. And hopefully processed relatively quickly.

cnyel1967

Aug 8, 2020
Follow the instructions even if it seems redundant. The first step in processing is confirmation that the file is complete against the checklist and there is a real risk it would be returned and processing would not start, meaning you would lose months of time.

It's of course quite likely that when the file is looked at, it will be obvious and the photos etc would only be glanced at. And hopefully processed relatively quickly.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that does make sense and I know they have a lot of different situations coming from around the world. Our circumstances are very straight forward, so I'll make sure we send everything they request and hope things move along as quickly as possible.