+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document checklist (IMM 5556) and completion of (IMM5710E) form - URGENT !!

adamodef

Feb 29, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I've working in Canada on a valid work permit and Id like to extend it via BOWP and it will be expired on middle of September.
I got confused at : (what does it mean?)

If your employer obtained a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) form Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), provide a copy of
the LMIA and a copy of your job offer letter from your prospective employer
• If your employer is exempt from obtaining an LMIA from ESDC, your employer must provide you with the Offer of Employment number for
inclusion in your work permit application form.
• If IRCC authorized your employer to submit the Offer of Employment using the IMM 5802 form, provide a copy of the IMM 5802 and proof that
your employer paid the Employer Compliance Fee.

So, my employer obtained an LMO almost 2 years ago.
- Does it required any offer of employment letter from them ? If so, what does supposed to obtain in the letter? I had been submitted this letter in my e-apr ...
- What the best way submit the BOWP ? (online or Paper)
I haven't received yet the second AOR or the Review of eligibility since I submitted the E-APR (2016,July 12th) only the medical passed on 4th of August.
- How long before do I supposed to submit the BOWP?

IMM5710E form: (pls help, are they correct or not?!)
- Q3 I am applying for one or more of the following: A work permit with the same employer
(I'd like to continue to work with the same employer)
- Details of intended work in Canada :
Do I need to leave blank? (N/A) or, if don't
a, what type of work permit are you applying for? I selected other and Bridge Opening Work permit or open work permit ???

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

Looks to me you don't know much about the process and you are confusing yourself. I would suggest you seek professional advice. Some lawyers double check your application and fix the issues for a small amount of money.

But here are some rules of thumb:

1/ You can apply for BOWP if you have 3 months or less on your current work permit + you have passed your eligibility stage on your PR application. Meaning you have your AOR.
2/ If your employer has already got you the WP through LMIA (2 years ago) you just need to get an offer letter from them, stating that you are working with them as a full-timer on a permanent job position. It's usually a contract, saying they will be needing you for XXX years or so, you will get paid XXX amount of money, your position is XXX, etc. It can be used as a reference letter too. So have your HR or your manager to compose a generic letter that includes a contract and a reference letter.
3/ You are either applying for a BOWP or extending your current work permit. If it's BOWP please refer to number 1. If it's extending please refer to number 2 and read this page carefully: http://bit.ly/2bEGpDU

Best of luck,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
adamodef said:
Hello Everyone!

I've working in Canada on a valid work permit and Id like to extend it via BOWP and it will be expired on middle of September.
I got confused at : (what does it mean?)

If your employer obtained a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) form Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), provide a copy of
the LMIA and a copy of your job offer letter from your prospective employer
• If your employer is exempt from obtaining an LMIA from ESDC, your employer must provide you with the Offer of Employment number for
inclusion in your work permit application form.
• If IRCC authorized your employer to submit the Offer of Employment using the IMM 5802 form, provide a copy of the IMM 5802 and proof that
your employer paid the Employer Compliance Fee.

So, my employer obtained an LMO almost 2 years ago.
- Does it required any offer of employment letter from them ? If so, what does supposed to obtain in the letter? I had been submitted this letter in my e-apr ...
- What the best way submit the BOWP ? (online or Paper)
I haven't received yet the second AOR or the Review of eligibility since I submitted the E-APR (2016,July 12th) only the medical passed on 4th of August.
- How long before do I supposed to submit the BOWP?

IMM5710E form: (pls help, are they correct or not?!)
- Q3 I am applying for one or more of the following: A work permit with the same employer
(I'd like to continue to work with the same employer)
- Details of intended work in Canada :
Do I need to leave blank? (N/A) or, if don't
a, what type of work permit are you applying for? I selected other and Bridge Opening Work permit or open work permit
First, you must understand that the one form is used for all different kinds of work permits. Not all of the information is going to apply to you. You must know what you are applying for, and the requirements, in order to sucessfully prepare the application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

If you are applying for a BOWP, then the LMIA is not relevant, nor is the employer. You MUST apply for an open work permit, and you MUST include a copy of your eAPR receipt. As for work for same employer vs new employer, it simply does not matter; you can chose same employer if you want, or even write "N/A" (on paper).

You can submit the application electronically up until the same day your current permit expires. If you submit it on paper, you should use an overnight courier service, and ensure it is delivered no later than the day your current permit expires.

Although you can apply for the BOWP now, you are not eligible until the 2nd AOR is issued. There is the possibility that if you apply too soon, and your application is reviewed before your eligibility is confirmed, the application could be refused. So in this case, it is better to wait a couple of more weeks, but make sure you apply BEFORE your current work permit expires.

rezafc does have a good point - if you are this confused, you might be better off obtaining professional assistance.