+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doctor NOC code 3111: Kindly suggest about including maternity leave in work experience.

Anitha Sri

May 23, 2021
Hi all,

I am employed as a full-time Ophthalmologist at a hospital. I have a total of 3 years and 1 month work experience including the maternity leave of 6 months.
I want to know if maternity leave can be counted towards work experience. Please suggest.

Thank you very much.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

I am employed as a full-time Ophthalmologist at a hospital. I have a total of 3 years and 1 month work experience including the maternity leave of 6 months.
I want to know if maternity leave can be counted towards work experience. Please suggest.

Thank you very much.
Check your offer letters, or job contracts to find the information regarding the leaves. If you were on the payroll of the hospital then i believe that maternity period can't be deducted.

Some applicants could say the below mentioned argument as well...
you are on maternity leave. So when someone is on leave are they working? the logical answer is no. So I hope that answers your question

That depends on how your employer presents it in your letter of reference. I would suspect that maternity leave is NOT counted as working time. Beware if you include it. Canadian immigration officers are enforcer for the truth in every statement.
Maybe someone who had the same experience could answer your query accurately

Anitha Sri

May 23, 2021
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I was on payroll for the whole maternity leave period. When I checked online, there were mixed responses about including maternity leave.

JoJo101

Mar 21, 2024
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I was on payroll for the whole maternity leave period. When I checked online, there were mixed responses about including maternity leave.
Can you share your experience as im in a similar position