+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to upload sponsor's picture and birth certificate ?

May 22, 2024
Hello,
I am a PR of Canada, living in Canada with my dependent child (2 year old), who is an American citizen. There is no spouse.
I am in the process of sponsoring my child for Canadian PR.

The online application requires uploading pictures, birth certificates, travel documents. The instructions say upload these documents "for everyone in the application". Does that mean everyone being sponsored?? OR does that include the sponsor also?

In other words, do I need to upload my (sponsor's) picture and birth certificate in addition to uploading my child's picture and birth certificate?

thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
I am a PR of Canada, living in Canada with my dependent child (2 year old), who is an American citizen. There is no spouse.
I am in the process of sponsoring my child for Canadian PR.

The online application requires uploading pictures, birth certificates, travel documents. The instructions say upload these documents "for everyone in the application". Does that mean everyone being sponsored?? OR does that include the sponsor also?

In other words, do I need to upload my (sponsor's) picture and birth certificate in addition to uploading my child's picture and birth certificate?

thank you
No, it refers to information about the applicant. There are separate requirements for the sponsor, check what those are (hint: the CHECKLIST provides the easiest summary of those requirements - which may include your own birth certificate, don't recall).

One note, you may require permissions of the other parent, probably do, will depend on some aspects such as other parent on birth certificate and whatever custody arrangements there are.

May 22, 2024
Thank you for quick response. I just went over the checklist (i.e., IMM5534). I agree that the checklist has much better instructions on what documents to upload.
Appreciate your help.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for quick response. I just went over the checklist (i.e., IMM5534). I agree that the checklist has much better instructions on what documents to upload.
Appreciate your help.
Yes, I'd say everyone should look at the checklist first and above all, much easier to read and understand than all the other docs, and the best way to approach preparing for submitting the app.