+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to have US visa for landing from US

Pearl123

Jan 14, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am residing in Canada and my PR application being processed in canada. I am a August 15, 2014 applicant waiting for my MR. In the meantime I would like to know if one should have US visa if we want to complete the landing formality from US. can someone please clarify this? if at all US visa required then I can start the process right away.....Thanks a lot.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pearl123 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am residing in Canada and my PR application being processed in canada. I am a August 15, 2014 applicant waiting for my MR. In the meantime I would like to know if one should have US visa if we want to complete the landing formality from US. can someone please clarify this? if at all US visa required then I can start the process right away.....Thanks a lot.
1No, you go to a land border, go to the US side, get an administrative refusal, return to the Canadian side and "land" it is called flagpoling.

Pearl123

Jan 14, 2016
Thank you PMM.
I have one more question that once we get a PR status can we travel outside canada before we get our PR card....Is there any such option? Thank you in advance...

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Pearl123 said:
Thank you PMM.
I have one more question that once we get a PR status can we travel outside canada before we get our PR card....Is there any such option? Thank you in advance...
Yeah, you can travel without PR card but need to apply to a outside of Canada CIC office for a PR travel document what allows you to entry Canada one time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

If you're returning in a private car from US looks like isn't necessary.

Additionally:

If you're from a country which don't need visa you need to apply for:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

If you need Visa have to be valid.