+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we have to mentioned about previous marraige if it was not registered with gv

SS111112

May 6, 2014
Hi Friends,

I am filling my application under FSW. I am primary applicant and my husband will be sponsored by me. He was previously married according to Sharia law but didn't register in any government organization and got divorce according to Sharia law. Now my problem is do I need to mention this in our application and what are the supporting documents that should be submitted. He has only a letter from Maulvi stating that his marriage is dissolved from so and so date. Also FYI, we are from India.

Please suggest.

Regards,
SS

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
SS111112 said:
Hi Friends,

I am filling my application under FSW. I am primary applicant and my husband will be sponsored by me. He was previously married according to Sharia law but didn't register in any government organization and got divorce according to Sharia law. Now my problem is do I need to mention this in our application and what are the supporting documents that should be submitted. He has only a letter from Maulvi stating that his marriage is dissolved from so and so date. Also FYI, we are from India.

Please suggest.

Regards,
SS
YES!

If you do not inform CIC, you will be committing "misrepresentation". Provide them with copies of all the related documents. It doesn't matter if it was not registered with the government.

SS111112

May 6, 2014
Thanks Zardoz,

Since the marriage was not registered with any government firm, he has only a letter from Chief Khazi(Maulvi) from masjid. Will this document be sufficient?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
SS111112 said:
Thanks Zardoz,

Since the marriage was not registered with any government firm, he has only a letter from Chief Khazi(Maulvi) from masjid. Will this document be sufficient?
It will have to do I guess. The basic rule with CIC is "if in doubt, declare it".