+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do they need my birth certificate?

shahe22

Feb 3, 2006
Hello, I'd like to Ask about if they (Case Processing Center) need my birth certificate or not, my wife is canadian and she's sponsoring me and NO children are accompaning me 'cause I don't have any, I think that they need the birth certificates of my children as confirm of my relationship to them whether they're accompanying me or not, But I don't have any Children, so do I still have to send MY Birth Certificate (I'm the Principal Applicant), or they just need my wife's birth Certificate as a proof that she's born Canadian? plz I need this info as fast as possible, Thank you very much in anticipation ;)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shahe22 said:
Hello, I'd like to Ask about if they (Case Processing Center) need my birth certificate or not, my wife is canadian and she's sponsoring me and NO children are accompaning me 'cause I don't have any, I think that they need the birth certificates of my children as confirm of my relationship to them whether they're accompanying me or not, But I don't have any Children, so do I still have to send MY Birth Certificate (I'm the Principal Applicant), or they just need my wife's birth Certificate as a proof that she's born Canadian? plz I need this info as fast as possible, Thank you very much in anticipation ;)
Read the checklist for the office where you are applying, you will find that most require a birth certificate. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/famcls.html for the checklist.

PMM

shahe22

Feb 3, 2006
Excuse me! I've red the Check List Appendix A very well, but I'm not really sure about my English if I understand this part or not, so I need a direct answer, just YES or No, that's what I really need. they say :

"Provide birth certificates (long form birth certificate for children, listing the names of both parents), baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship (including all pages of
Household Registries) for YOU and each of your family members."

They said and Spacified between brackets (long form birth certificate for children) and the whole paragraph sound like that they need a confirmation for the relationship between me and my children ( a proof that those children are my children) but this paragraph doesn't apply for my case 'cause I don't have any children, so my question is although, I don't have any children do I still have to proviude my birth certificate? I'm sending my application and I don't want them to send it back 'cause of missed document ... thank you so much!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shahe22 said:
Excuse me! I've red the Check List Appendix A very well, but I'm not really sure about my English if I understand this part or not, so I need a direct answer, just YES or No, that's what I really need. they say :

"Provide birth certificates (long form birth certificate for children, listing the names of both parents), baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship (including all pages of

They said and Spacified between brackets (long form birth certificate for children) and the whole paragraph sound like that they need a confirmation for the relationship between me and my children ( a proof that those children are my children) but this paragraph doesn't apply for my case 'cause I don't have any children, so my question is although, I don't have any children do I still have to proviude my birth certificate? I'm sending my application and I don't want them to send it back 'cause of missed document ... thank you so much!
Well you still didn't say what office you are applying at, if says YOU, so send your birth certificate, find out by reading the guide, whether they want original or notarized copy is sufficient.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:D Whenever you are applying whatever the case may be. YOU DO NEED TO SEND your birthcertificate so it positively identifies who you are and that it is really you. I would send a original as an original will be asked for later so may as well send it in. The answer to your question is YES...

chintukapoor

Sep 6, 2009
Dear Sir,

My original place of birth is Dubai with some original date like First Jan 1981. Just after 1 year of my birth, my Parents along with me moved to Karachi Pakistan. My complete education and all of my official documents are generated from Karachi-Pakistan Like Matriculations, Undergraduate Certificates, Passport, National ID Card) etc. All my documents have place of birth as Dubai. I have my Pakistan Passport where My place of birth is also mention as Dubai but my date of birth mention in Pakistani passport is different (like 3rd April 1981) then the original date of birth mention in Dubai Birth certificate. Fifteen years back my Birth certificate was also lost in Karachi. I didn't regenerate my birth certificate since then. Right now I am citizen of Pakistan with my valid Pakistani National ID Card and Passport (Dubai as Birth Place but date of birth is 3rd April 1981) along with all my education document with this birth date.I am applying as FSWC for Canada. Do i need to provide my original Birth Certificate of Dubai with actual original date that is First Jan 1981?

Can i provide affidavite ,attested with some notary or official laywer with the birth date mention in Pakistani passport and place as Dubai ?

can you please suggest what can i do?

All my documents are with one date 3rd April 1981 but my original birth certificate is with different date from Dubai that I have already lost, whose copy is with me only.

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Hi

I am in a similar problem like you. May i know how you solved it? What worked for you?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you have your birth certificate, send a copy of it in - they want it for identity purposes, not only to prove your relationship to any children. BUT, if you don't have a birth certificate and can't get one, other documents will be accepted - for eg., a baptismal certificate. The visa officers stationed at embassies in certain countries will realize that not everyone has a birth certificate - the Ghana embassy, for one, certainly knows that Nigerians born before the 1980s are unlikely to have a birth certificate. This doesn't mean they can't be sponsored, it just means they have to prove their age some other way.

doctore

Sep 26, 2010
I think they do need a birth certificate, because it is so easy to pretend you are somebody else these days , you cannot be to careful , and especially if you have a UK birth certificate , they will require it.

djboinsk

Star Member
May 25, 2010
A Little Town In Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26 2010-Sent Out
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
LANDED..........
March 2011 !!! :):)
Yes you need to send a copy of your Birth Certificate.

sandwish

Sep 26, 2010

I had the same trouble with this passage for the longest time! We are in the same boat, married with no children. But then I realized my spouse's birth certificate would prove his relationship to his mother, who is listed on the "Additional Family Information" form. So I would agree with djboinsk and doctore, and say yes you do need it.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
sandwish said:
It is worded this way for a reason - they want something that proves your date of birth and identity: they want a birth certificate, or a baptismal certificate, or some other official document. Because in some countries it is normal to not have a birth certificate. That doesn't mean people from those countries can't immigrate to Canada! It just means they have to provide something to show their date of birth and identity. By all means, if you have a birth certificate or can get one, send a copy of it. But if you don't have one, there are other things you can send that will accomplish the same things. My husband does not have a birth certificate, cannot get one, and so provided a baptismal certificate, his passport, and a statutory declaration of age instead. This was acceptable to CIC and the visa office.

lama21

Jan 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-03-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
30-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2011
LANDED..........
01-06-2011
1. I am sponsoring my hubby who currently resides in India. Is it necessary to submit birth certificate and baptismal certificate as he was register after 5year of his birthdate/year. I have looked under regional guide for India, but its kinda confusing ....so hopefully i can get some help here....thanks guys!

2. I have his original birth certificate and is dated year 2005(isssued on 2005), so i wanna know if thats fine and if i could sent that in with my applicaiton or do i require to get another original document dated this year 2011.

3. Also do i have to submit his matriculation certificate, middle standard & 5th class documents, plus voter ID too.?

please see below wat its says under regional guide:

IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
Birth and/or baptism certificate
Note: If the birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original
documents establishing identity such as:
• old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificate), and
• Voter’s ID card.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
lama21 said:
1. I am sponsoring my hubby who currently resides in India. Is it necessary to submit birth certificate and baptismal certificate as he was register after 5year of his birthdate/year. I have looked under regional guide for India, but its kinda confusing ....so hopefully i can get some help here....thanks guys!

2. I have his original birth certificate and is dated year 2005(isssued on 2005), so i wanna know if thats fine and if i could sent that in with my applicaiton or do i require to get another original document dated this year 2011.

3. Also do i have to submit his matriculation certificate, middle standard & 5th class documents, plus voter ID too.?

please see below wat its says under regional guide:

IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS
Birth and/or baptism certificate
Note: If the birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original
documents establishing identity such as:
• old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificate), and
• Voter's ID card.
His birth was registered late, so they want you to send in other proof of his age and identity.