+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do or Die Situation please help

manuu87

Aug 23, 2017
There's no point calling CIC and no phone number where you can reach the visa office processing your application. They won't process the application faster. Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait. You did apply quite late and processing can often take a few months to complete.
My only point is that if IRCC is charging 150 dollars, that is too after paying first semester's fees and transferring GIC funds, then they should also involve college in order to check the authenticity of situation. And this 2017, this thing has been happening from last 5-6 years then what kind of system or trap they have developed for themselves??

manuu87

Aug 23, 2017
Dont panic, first of all knowing about the time constraint you have, why did you file visa so late?
After medical one has to wait for 7 days to reflect medical test data into IRCC system. Secondly, Indian Banks sanctions loan in Crores for willful defaulters. and ask too many questions and request too many documents for a law abiding citizen.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My only point is that if IRCC is charging 150 dollars, that is too after paying first semester's fees and transferring GIC funds, then they should also involve college in order to check the authenticity of situation. And this 2017, this thing has been happening from last 5-6 years then what kind of system or trap they have developed for themselves??
It is not IRCC's responsibility to liase with school, nor should it be. It was entirely your own responsibility to get your application submitted in time.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
I am constantly praying but, just recently started feeling that IRCC is beyond the reach of prayers. Don't know why I am feeling in that way.

I received acceptance letter late and I filled my application online on 6th AUG 2017 under general category. There is no Activity till today.

As per acceptance letter, classes will be starting on 5th September and the last date of report is 11th September 2017. After speaking with college authority they explained to me that, my course's duration is 8 months and this course only has fall / September start, due to the 8 months duration college is not going to allow me to join the course after 11th September 2017.

Today, I tried calling CHC Mumbai office, explained basic nature of the problem, but the lady on the other end calmly said that, withdraw your application, because there is no way I can share or communicate my situation with IRCC or IRCC officer.

I am not looking forward to wasting a year. Can someone please help me with the following questions?

1) If I won't be getting study permit by 7th September 2017, I won't be going to Canada so by 12th September 2017 college will be processing refund, is it possible to communicate this situation to IRCC ffice / Officer. I tried calling them 2-3 times but my call was placed in a queue, later hung up. I did not get a chance to speak with support agent to explain my situation.

2) Based on the current situation there are only 2 possible outcomes approval or rejection, if IRCC rejects it due to lack of document or any other reason I will accept that (I will have to, no doubt) but my only request is, it should be processed in time, where can I make such a request. (I know there is no system to do so)

3) If you know any email or phone number where I can get an opportunity to explain my situation? can you please share with me?

I am praying continuously, not for me but for all the student on the forum...
Thank you in advance.
I am still confused on why/how the school gave you offer letter in August for Sept intake as you being International student. ????
Don't they know that it takes atleast month or more for visa processing and person has to plan everything once he recieves the offer letter. something you need to seriously think.
I thought International admissions closes 3- 6 months before the start of classes, may be you got admitted to some exception.

But still, i hope you get extremely lucky and have you visa on time. Good luck.!!

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Ad
I am still confused on why/how the school gave you offer letter in August for Sept intake as you being International student. ????
Don't they know that it takes atleast month or more for visa processing and person has to plan everything once he recieves the offer letter. something you need to seriously think.
I thought International admissions closes 3- 6 months before the start of classes, may be you got admitted to some exception.

But still, i hope you get extremely lucky and have you visa on time. Good luck.!!
Admissions close in March or mid April generally but it is the document submission deadline that extends upto August... Isn't it? Pls correct me if I am wrong

John.

Aug 29, 2017
Don't use the same logic over and over again, it may yield the wrong result...
Anyways thanks, bro, I appreciate your prayers. GOOD LUCK
Maybe is the language barrier, but it does seem kind of rude to me that you seems to be attacking those who trying to help you.

Maybe you been praying to the wrong god? Try praying to Wenquxing, the Chinese patron god of Passing of Exam/Applications, or Luxing, the Chinese patron god of Prosperous Future.

manuu87

Aug 23, 2017

I applied in February this year for 3 colleges, but my IELTS expired on 14th March 2017, so entire process was stopped at that point (the college from which I got acceptance letter on 20th July 2017), after that I received an acceptance letter from another college on 4th May 2017, for the identical course, but that college's fees was CAD$ 25,000/-, after figuring out accessible financial resources and researching on college I understood that I am taking a big risk as there was no showreel or demoreel from alumni.
(In film and tv industry or more specifically in Post Production industry showreel is the most important thing to get the job)

If I could have got accepted at Seneca or Sheridan, without wasting a minute, I would have signed up for the course. However, I did not take any action on the offer letter issued to me on 4th May 2017. My counselor wanted me to take admission for CAD$ 25,000 /- course, so I explained him the situation and changed my decision and started working on getting offer letter from my current college. By the end of May I gave Pearson English Test, a hick-up happened on the test day and my test date postponed to 28th June 2017 and got my PTE test results on very next day. I updated all the information but as you mentioned college refused me to issue acceptance letter on the grounds of visa processing time but after convincing college authority, I got offer letter on 20th July 2017, on the same day I went to medical center and completed medical test, as far as I remember they said that it would take 7 days to upload your report on IRCC portal, so please apply after that.

Meanwhile, I arranged all the documents, on 31st July I paid my first semester dues, however as I mentioned in my previous reply bank delayed the finance process by 2nd August I learned that bank is not going sanction my loan by 9 or 10th August and add another 10-12 days for disbursement. The need of the hour was to arrange funds and obtain GIC receipt so by 3rd August I somehow managed to get funds from my relatives. and on 5th August I received GIC receipt, and immediately I filed for application on 6th August 2017.

I am not blaming anyone I am aware that delays happened from my end, but at least IRCC must have a human element in this entire process, I hope I am not expecting something extraordinary.

And from 6th August to till this very moment, I have been praying, not just for me but for everyone, because I have gone through a lot to reach this point and therefore, I totally understand the pain of anyone who runs around and completes these formalities.

Thank you for your wishes. I hope whatever you said comes into reality.

manuu87

Aug 23, 2017
It is not IRCC's responsibility to liase with school, nor should it be. It was entirely your own responsibility to get your application submitted in time.
I am not saying that IRCC should liaise with school, or I am not denying my responsibility but please think vice versa mate. What if IRCC just add 2 columns on IMM1294 pdf it will easily solve this issue

Column 1 - Last date of joining
Column 2 - Deferral Option

And a person from college who can check students profile, fees status and last date of joining, after checking this he just click to validate the information. Which will start reflecting in IRCC database and this will facilitate IRCC to cater more application and make a decision on them in a timely manner. This will also help IRCC keep a track of student, even if he decides to change college.

May be this kind of systems must be there in IRCC, but I am not aware or I never read it anywhere. But my thinking aim is making visa process easier where IRCC officer can spend more time looking at the documents and making the final decision.

It's just a thought.

manuu87

Aug 23, 2017
Maybe is the language barrier, but it does seem kind of rude to me that you seems to be attacking those who try to help you.

Maybe you been praying to the wrong god? Try praying to Wenquxing, the Chinese patron god of Passing of Exam/Applications, or Luxing, the Chinese patron god of Prosperous Future.
From last week I have been going through a lot of pressure, but I have no intention to attack anyone. However, if my language sounds like I am attacking then please ignore.

I don't think that I am praying to the wrong god, I am praying to Lord Ganesha who is the curator of 64 different forms of art. And Ganesha is widely revered as the remover of obstacles, the patron of arts and sciences and the god of intellect and wisdom.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am not saying that IRCC should liaise with school, or I am not denying my responsibility but please think vice versa mate. What if IRCC just add 2 columns on IMM1294 pdf it will easily solve this issue

Column 1 - Last date of joining
Column 2 - Deferral Option

And a person from college who can check students profile, fees status and last date of joining, after checking this he just click to validate the information. Which will start reflecting in IRCC database and this will facilitate IRCC to cater more application and make a decision on them in a timely manner. This will also help IRCC keep a track of student, even if he decides to change college.

May be this kind of systems must be there in IRCC, but I am not aware or I never read it anywhere. But my thinking aim is making visa process easier where IRCC officer can spend more time looking at the documents and making the final decision.

It's just a thought.
Hundreds of thousands of people apply for Canadian study permits every year. It isn't fair to have IRCC "cater more to your application" just because you applied late.

The posted processing time for a study permit app from India is 6 weeks, plus mailing time. You applied with less than 5 weeks time. You should have gone into this expecting that your app was not going to be processed in time.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Ad

Admissions close in March or mid April generally but it is the document submission deadline that extends upto August... Isn't it? Pls correct me if I am wrong
No. for International students most of colleges have their documents/application submission deadline atleast 5-6 months before the start date. maybe there are exceptions but I dont know about those colleges. Sorry mate.

manuu87

Aug 23, 2017
Hundreds of thousands of people apply for Canadian study permits every year. It isn't fair to have IRCC "cater more to your application" just because you applied late.

The posted processing time for a study permit app from India is 6 weeks, plus mailing time. You applied with less than 5 weeks time. You should have gone into this expecting that your app was not going to be processed in time.
Your words made me feel that I am committing a crime against hundreds of thousands of applicant by making a formal request. Do you really feel that I deliberately applied late? If you feel so then please tell me, have ever been to Indian or have ever dealt with any Indian bank? Cause when I went to a bank for an educational loan in 1st week of July (at that time I was not having acceptance letter) they said I can get an educational loan, in order to cut short the processing time I submitted all the document. (ITR, Bank Statement) when they heard the course name they start hesitating but did not tell me until 26th July that they were unable to sanction my educational loan proposal because I am going to study 3D Animation & Visual Effects. Bank people still think that only student who is going to study engineering abroad can repay the loan. (I don't know on what basis they assume this) After 26th July another bank agree to sanction loan but this time it's against the property at bit higher rate, and I got disbursement on 20th August, Now if I would have relied on bank guys I even couldn't make it to this point.

And what do you think about other people who applied on 9th Aug and got passport request on 28th Aug or another thread labeled as Got visa in 4 days?

And I specifically mentioned that this course only has Fall / September start, so deferral is out of a question. And about the system, I thought in the interest of Hundreds of thousands of people, who apply for a study ( It was a mistake I realized now) and switch their application on prayers, luck. as visa processing has no fixed date. I am very well aware that there are only 3 option Approval / Rejection / Withdrawal. And if you still feel that I am doing something wrong then I cannot stop you from thinking.

Usama_qasim

Aug 22, 2017
I am exactly in this situation as you are my application was first rejected because my finances were not sufficient enough and the two other reasons given to most applicants here in Pakistan ( travel history and family ties). I reapplied after paying my full tuition fee that was $44,000 ( UBC ) and showed $17,000 for living. I got my first decision in 22 days so I thought maybe I could get my second one in around that too. So reapplied on 9th August but my application hasn't updated in any way did upfront medical and biometrics are also not uploaded. My intake is September only but I can join in January by dropping my term 1 courses and completing them in summer or next year. I even called IRCC Helpline but they didn't have any information on applications made outside of Canada. Emailed visa office got this reply
We are currently experiencing a technical error in uploading biometrics results and the consequences are a longer processing times. Applications are treated on the basis of first come first serve. We are working on solving the problem.

We regret all the inconveniences caused. We shall contact you once your application has been finalized and/or if we require additional information. However, should you require your passport (if applicable) to travel please don’t hesitate to contact us to collect the same.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

So there is nothing really we can do except waiting, praying or maybe crying
I highly suggest you start looking other options

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Your words made me feel that I am committing a crime against hundreds of thousands of applicant by making a formal request. Do you really feel that I deliberately applied late? If you feel so then please tell me, have ever been to Indian or have ever dealt with any Indian bank? Cause when I went to a bank for an educational loan in 1st week of July (at that time I was not having acceptance letter) they said I can get an educational loan, in order to cut short the processing time I submitted all the document. (ITR, Bank Statement) when they heard the course name they start hesitating but did not tell me until 26th July that they were unable to sanction my educational loan proposal because I am going to study 3D Animation & Visual Effects. Bank people still think that only student who is going to study engineering abroad can repay the loan. (I don't know on what basis they assume this) After 26th July another bank agree to sanction loan but this time it's against the property at bit higher rate, and I got disbursement on 20th August, Now if I would have relied on bank guys I even couldn't make it to this point.

And what do you think about other people who applied on 9th Aug and got passport request on 28th Aug or another thread labeled as Got visa in 4 days?

And I specifically mentioned that this course only has Fall / September start, so deferral is out of a question. And about the system, I thought in the interest of Hundreds of thousands of people, who apply for a study ( It was a mistake I realized now) and switch their application on prayers, luck. as visa processing has no fixed date. I am very well aware that there are only 3 option Approval / Rejection / Withdrawal. And if you still feel that I am doing something wrong then I cannot stop you from thinking.
I did not say you deliberately applied late. I said that it is no one else's responsibility to ensure you apply on time. Your issues with securing your funding are your own.

There is no exact processing time. Most are processed around the posted time. Some people are processed faster than the posted time, some slower. That's how it is when applying for anything.

John.

Aug 29, 2017

You should come and try out Chinese banking system. LOL.

This is all unfortunate, but CIC does not care ... they simply process applications by the date they received it.