+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do non French speakers have a chance with Quebec Skilled visa?

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For skill worker, there are 2 option to settle in Canada.

Federal Skill Worker (FSW) and
Quebec Skill Worker (QSW)

If anyone is eligible for both the category, can he/she apply for both the category together on same documents?

Somsom2010

Dec 8, 2010
I have 3 years experince as accountant working for employer.and 2 years working as self employed (accountant),i have already reference from the employer to prove working experience .But how can i prove that i was working 2 years as self employed accountant,what are the required documents to prove that?
Best Regards

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dili, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR). How quickly you will receive this depends on which visa office you applied to.

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
Dear somsom,
Self-employed applicants must enclose with their application:
◦the copy certified as true by the issuing institution of the trade register;
◦proof of payment of income tax over the last five years, or proof of exemption, where applicable;
◦any other proof of the operation and legality of the business (history of your contributions to the social security pension fund for non-salaried workers or proof of exemption from paying social security premiums). The documents furnished must be originals issued by the agency.
( NOTE ;A MY KNOWN PERSON WHo had applied under qsw, he is pharmacist and running his own pharmacie but his application got rejected ,
objection : YOU ARE SELF EMPLOYED ) APPLY CAREFULY.
with regards
qsw.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@Alexandros
In answering asmgx query most people relied on Canada legislation in relation to Provincial nomination. Don't mislead asmgx. Your sister's case could be just an exception confirming the rule. It cannot be interpreted as a general rule.

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
alexandros,
now picture is different than 2007.

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
qsw said:
alexandros,
now picture is different than 2007.
So you mean to say that if I'm at the borderline (say exactly 49 points for a single applicant) but then I get interviewed and I have no certification of my French language abilities they'll just shoot down my application? Even if you'd have really shown that you are capable of adapting to Quebec you'll just get shot down?

@Ario
I don't think Alexandros is misleading anybody. He's just saying it is possible for one applicant who has no knowledge of French to obtain a CSQ. Isn't that the main question in this thread?

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@Solokru
That's point! when answering a main question it is better to rely on general policy rather that isolated cases.
Take time to go thru the different threads on this forum ,you'll learn that some people had their PR cancelled for doing just that. One common case was an PN nominated by saskatchewan ,his PR was cancelled when CBSA learned that he purchased a house in Manitoba shortly before landing.There are many other cases whereby negatives reports were wriiten about representatives who misled PN.

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@Ario

It's not like Alexandros is duping someone by presenting an example that obtaining a CSQ without French certification can be done. The FAQ page on this site where our forum is says the same thing!

5. If I don't speak French, can I still obtain a CSQ?
Possibly. The selection is done on a points-based assessment. If you meet the minimum points requirement without speaking French you may still be granted the CSQ. Fill out our online assessment forms to find out if you qualify.

So there you go. That's all we're saying here. It is POSSIBLE to obtain a CSQ without being a French speaker although I must state and I also know that we should start studying and start speaking French (for Anglophones and non native speakers) if we really want to integrate in Quebec the second we land there. As for your point I don't even know why you brought up that case since it is not related to the question. We're talking about speaking French here NOT moving to another province after you land in the province which nominated you.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have same questions....
I can score enough point without French language. I am learning French but I have not taken exam yet.

If I take the exam now, I will get Result Basic level of French. and If I study 4 months more and take exam then I will score at least moderate level in French.

so I have same question to ask....Can I send QSW application without French TEF result?
Note I do not want French points right now. I am scoring enough points.
and It's true that I am going to take French exam later.
My planning is that, If I take exam before interview and submit TEF result at the time of interview, Will it create any negative impact?

Please suggest in details..........

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@ Solokru
Just read again the 1st posting form Alexandros on this topic. May be you see the point I'm making here

Good luck

leenakhan

Jan 23, 2011
Hello everyone,

I need to know if my work experience has to be related to my qualifications? Like if i have done Master in Finance, do i have to have work experience in Finance or it can be in other field like marketing or anything else? Will i qualify if i have experience not related to my qualification?

Regards,
Leena

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
The best idea is to submit your test scores as proof of language proficiency at the time of application. It will make things simpler. You can apply first and send in your test scores later, but most probably you will be put into an interview queue (delay) and also risk facing processing delays. plus if you are a borderline case, then also face risk of rejection.

Its best to learn a lil french, take the TEF / TEFaQ / DELF /DALF and then make your application.

Good luck ! Bonne Chance ! :)

visaexpert said:
I have same questions....
I can score enough point without French language. I am learning French but I have not taken exam yet.

If I take the exam now, I will get Result Basic level of French. and If I study 4 months more and take exam then I will score at least moderate level in French.

so I have same question to ask....Can I send QSW application without French TEF result?
Note I do not want French points right now. I am scoring enough points.
and It's true that I am going to take French exam later.
My planning is that, If I take exam before interview and submit TEF result at the time of interview, Will it create any negative impact?

Please suggest in details..........