+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do immigration consultant necessary ?

tejvalentine

Aug 29, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply for LMIA this month my employer is qualified and supporting fully. I am working as NOC 1215 head dispatcher since a year in GTA area, I already got my open work permit until 2019 and till now i know how the steps work so far. so is there anyone who applied for LMIA and applied express entry by them self ?

Because Lawyer are charging $2000- $2500 for LMIA, $2500 for express entry + government fee $1000 = $5500

Looking forward for get replies like should i go apply by myself or should go with lawyer

anyone experienced and did something like please advice

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You do not need a lawyer or consultant to fill out forms for you as that is all they will do. As long as take time to fill the forms out and check them should be fine but would expect unless I am wrong for your employer to apply for an LMIA but an applicant to apply for express entry.

Lawyers and consultants have zero influence in getting an approval and whilst this forum has plenty of amatuer 'consultants' generally their advice for free can better than paid, not always granted but at least many forum members been there before with both LMIA and EE.

tejvalentine

Aug 29, 2016
Bs65 said:
You do not need a lawyer or consultant to fill out forms for you as that is all they will do. As long as take time to fill the forms out and check them should be fine but would expect unless I am wrong for your employer to apply for an LMIA but an applicant to apply for express entry.

Lawyers and consultants have zero influence in getting an approval and whilst this forum has plenty of amatuer 'consultants' generally their advice for free can better than paid, not always granted but at least many forum members been there before with both LMIA and EE.
Thank you for replying

To avoid any mistakes, do you know any page (links) for check list/ guide for each and every steps for LMIA forward with express entry profile.