+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I qualify?

oum

Feb 17, 2009
Hi dears,

I started my first job as a Physics Lecturer. After 3.5 year I joined in a new job as an Administrative Officer. Still now i`m doing that job. My total year of job experience is 8 years.

To apply as a FSW I consulted with a friend and he said that I do not qualify under the present law because of my present job is not in the list of 38-occupations.

I found that my previous job duties matches with NOC 4131 and my present job duties matches with NOC 1221.

Now my question is...
Is it true that I disqualify OR still I can apply?
How many points i will get from my job experience?

Regards

oum

oum

Feb 17, 2009
Thanks a lot rupeshhari!

That means, within the last 10 years, any job that matches 38-job list is ok. Then will I get complete point in work experience?

Should I do the IELTS before I apply or after CIC told me to send all the papers?

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
Hi Buddy,

If you are a college professor you apply under 4131 and if at university apply under 4121.
As per the new rules, your experience has to be in the last 10 years though, and you can also cliam points for your present occupation even though it is not under the list.

Take Care

oum

Feb 17, 2009
Thanks helpmeimmigrate and rupeshhari.

If I don't do IELTS before I apply then what should I write in the Proficiency in English sub-section of IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3 form? Should I keep it blank or check moderate? If I keep it blank my total point becomes less than 67. Does it matter?

Besides, at present i'm doing a 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in IT and it's required to do MS in IT if you come from disciplines like Physics, Math. After competing the course I will have 17 years of full time study. Will I get full points in education or its still 22?

My highest level of completed education is Master's degrere in Physics.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ladies and Gentlemen for your perusual. Don't Guess. Hope this will be of help.
Note: That the number of completed years seems to be of great Importance.

Credential and number of years of education Points

Secondary school has not been completed (i.e., no diploma obtained) and the 0
applicant has no trade or apprenticeship educational credentials

Secondary school educational credential 5

One year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 12
credential, and at least 12 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent
studies

One year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 15
educational credential, and at least 13 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

One year university educational credential at the bachelor’s level, and at least 13 15
years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

Two year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 20
educational credential, and at least 14 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

A university educational credential of two years or more at the bachelor’s level, 20
and at least 14 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

Three year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 22
educational credential, and at least 15 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

Two or more university educational credentials at the bachelor’s level and at 22
least 15 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

University educational credential at the master’s or doctoral level and at least 17 25
years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

[size=10pt]Disclaimer:
I am not an Immigration Expert nor a Legal Advisor. These are not my views, opinions or statements.
[/size]

oum

Feb 17, 2009
rupeshhari said:
as far as i understand, unless you have a masters, phd, 2 bachelors or a 3year diploma, its 20 points.

Say you haven't done ielts and claim how much points you need. But you would have to get these later.
But i have a master's degree and the PGDinIT is required to do MS in IT. Will i get 25 points in education?