+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do i need to show my layoff for express entry profile

Mrkalathiya

Sep 9, 2016
hello,
I have started my job on 25th January 2019 and got temporary lay off on 30th March 2020 ( due to COVID-19), after that I rehired on 6th may 2020 in same company.
So my question is,
Do I need to show continues work experience in express entry profile ?
or I have to show separate work experience like,

company A- 25th January 2019 - 30th March 2020
company A- 6th may 2020- present.

or I was planing to show only 1 continues work experience from 25th January 2019 to present, because I already got 1 year experience before my layoff period so its not affecting my 1 year period, so can I mention my layoff period in my job experience letter ? Is it good way ???

anyone have idea what should I do ?
thanks a lot

Last edited:

Mrkalathiya

Sep 9, 2016
You did not accumulate any work experience during the time that you were laid off, so you need to put it as two separate entries as per your suggestion above:
So I have to put 2 separate job experience letter
For different dates from same company right ?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
So I have to put 2 separate job experience letter
For different dates from same company right ?
It doesn't matter, it is the same employer that so you might as well have a single letter.

It'll be very easy for them to specify the two different periods you've been working for them and specify the hours you've been working for them during those 2 periods.

There's no need to make it so complicated. 1 or 2 letters, it's really not relevant and as long as everything explained. You could go either wait, it's okay

Mrkalathiya

Sep 9, 2016
It doesn't matter, it is the same employer that so you might as well have a single letter.

It'll be very easy for them to specify the two different periods you've been working for them and specify the hours you've been working for them during those 2 periods.

There's no need to make it so complicated. 1 or 2 letters, it's really not relevant and as long as everything explained. You could go either wait, it's okay
so what if i show only 1 continues job from January 2019 to present
And
I will mention my layoff period in
Job Experience letter

is it good way ?

Mrkalathiya

Sep 9, 2016
No. You need to enter your experience as two separate line items, but you can have one experience letter to upload against each entry which needs to show both periods that you worked.
So you mean I can take one experience letter
that shows
I worked from January 2019 to present
And one month was lay off

abhigarg

Feb 6, 2021
hello,
I have started my job on 25th January 2019 and got temporary lay off on 30th March 2020 ( due to COVID-19), after that I rehired on 6th may 2020 in same company.
So my question is,
Do I need to show continues work experience in express entry profile ?
or I have to show separate work experience like,

company A- 25th January 2019 - 30th March 2020
company A- 6th may 2020- present.

or I was planing to show only 1 continues work experience from 25th January 2019 to present, because I already got 1 year experience before my layoff period so its not affecting my 1 year period, so can I mention my layoff period in my job experience letter ? Is it good way ???

anyone have idea what should I do ?
thanks a lot
I have same condition like you please can you tell me if you got the answer