+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to include Self-study period for taking ielts exam in History section for PR Canada application?

abc111

Aug 3, 2024
After receiving the invitation for PR Canada application (EE) and filling the application, I am confusing is the self-study period for taking ielts exam (for the period I prepared for ielts exam without any language institution) required to be filled in History section for PR application?

Last edited:

abc111

Aug 3, 2024
I don't understand what you mean by self-study.
Hello, I edited my question so it is clearer. I mean I had a period that I prepared the IELTS exam myself (not going any language institutions), just studied when I'm free. I'm not sure do I need to declare this on history section for PR application (1) ?

And may I ask other questions: 2. do I need to declare all the addresses where I travelled? (likely I forgot the hotel address then what I should do?)

3. Is it required to declare the US visa refusal for visitor? If yes where I should declare?
Thank you for your support

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I edited my question so it is clearer. I mean I had a period that I prepared the IELTS exam myself (not going any language institutions), just studied when I'm free. I'm not sure do I need to declare this on history section for PR application (1) ?

And may I ask other questions: 2. do I need to declare all the addresses where I travelled? (likely I forgot the hotel address then what I should do?)

3. Is it required to declare the US visa refusal for visitor? If yes where I should declare?
Thank you for your support
Up to you how you declare it. If it's not study at an educational institution, you'd need to explain.

Don't know answer to 2.

Yes - absolutely you MUST declare all refusals.

abc111

Aug 3, 2024
Up to you how you declare it. If it's not study at an educational institution, you'd need to explain.

Don't know answer to 2.

Hi thank you for your response but I am a little confuse. you mean if i study at a language center then I need to declare and if I studied at home by myself or with tutor then I do not need to declare? It is hard to say because language is a long progression...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi thank you for your response but I am a little confuse. you mean if i study at a language center then I need to declare and if I studied at home by myself or with tutor then I do not need to declare? It is hard to say because language is a long progression...
I'm saying since self-study can't really be confirmed by anyone, it's just going to look like a period of doing ... something. Nothing wrong with that. But if selecting study requires you to select an institution (I don't recall), just write at home and explanation.

Probably doesn't matter either way if only a few months. If it was 12 months, it's just going to look like unemployment.

abc111

Aug 3, 2024
I'm saying since self-study can't really be confirmed by anyone, it's just going to look like a period of doing ... something. Nothing wrong with that. But if selecting study requires you to select an institution (I don't recall), just write at home and explanation.

Probably doesn't matter either way if only a few months. If it was 12 months, it's just going to look like unemployment.
Thank you very much for your kind support. May I also ask in case I have an uncompleted certificate (likely I may not continue to work on this certificate), do I need to declare?

abc111

Aug 3, 2024

Don't know answer to 2.

Hello with regards to the visa refusal, may you please help me on the below: I got visa refusal on studying permit and visitor visa (for tourism purpose) then which question below I need to say yes?
(a) Has XXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)
(b) Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?: (required)

And may you please help me that "date last saved" on the PR application does not update although I saw the information input was already saved, and I tried to log in and out but "date last saved" does not change, does it a problem? what I can do to fix this?
Thank you for your kind support, I have glanced on the forum but cannot find the relevant response, hope you can help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello with regards to the visa refusal, may you please help me on the below: I got visa refusal on studying permit and visitor visa (for tourism purpose) then which question below I need to say yes?
(a) Has XXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)
(b) Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?: (required)

And may you please help me that "date last saved" on the PR application does not update although I saw the information input was already saved, and I tried to log in and out but "date last saved" does not change, does it a problem? what I can do to fix this?
Thank you for your kind support, I have glanced on the forum but cannot find the relevant response, hope you can help.
If in doubt, answer yes to both. (Obviously facts are the same refusal so you can refer to the same response above).

No idea about the other problem.