+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to email any documents after my immigration medical?

adamhopkins

Feb 28, 2017
I have a quick question regarding my immigration medical. I went for my medical last week and underwent all of the necessary tests. I was told that the medical institute I attended would send off my results to Canadian Immigration. However I did recieve a receipt of payment and also an information sheet.

Do I need to email these documents to Immigration or are they just for my files to keep?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I have a quick question regarding my immigration medical. I went for my medical last week and underwent all of the necessary tests. I was told that the medical institute I attended would send off my results to Canadian Immigration. However I did recieve a receipt of payment and also an information sheet.

Do I need to email these documents to Immigration or are they just for my files to keep?
No, the panel physician takes care of everything

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018

You will need to submit the acknowledgement when you submit your PR application. There's a separate section to upload Medical documents.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
You will need to submit the acknowledgement when you submit your PR application. There's a separate section to upload Medical documents.
? You don't need to submit anything with respect to the medical.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Who can do your exam

You must see a doctor on the list of panel physicians. Your own doctor cannot do the medical exam.

The panel physician will do a complete medical exam. They may refer you for chest x-rays and laboratory tests. Once your exam is done, the physician will send us the results.

adamhopkins

Feb 28, 2017
? You don't need to submit anything with respect to the medical.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Who can do your exam

You must see a doctor on the list of panel physicians. Your own doctor cannot do the medical exam.

The panel physician will do a complete medical exam. They may refer you for chest x-rays and laboratory tests. Once your exam is done, the physician will send us the results.

Yes, this is what I have just done. I saw a physician on the list they provide. Had blood taken, x-rays etc. But with the two forms I took from the appointment (receipt of payment and an e-medical form), I can't find anywhere on my online application where it asks for documents, there is no option to email them either, so I assumed that those documents were just mine to keep on file.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Yes, this is what I have just done. I saw a physician on the list they provide. Had blood taken, x-rays etc. But with the two forms I took from the appointment (receipt of payment and an e-medical form), I can't find anywhere on my online application where it asks for documents, there is no option to email them either, so I assumed that those documents were just mine to keep on file.
Correct. Physician does everything.

pathwaytofreedom

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
I am assuming this is for Express Entry : PR application. I am sorry if i wasn't specific earlier, but you will need to upload the e-medical form. It's in the same section as Supporting Documents, where you would have uploaded all the other required documents. I can send you a screenshot of my profile if needed.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I am assuming this is for Express Entry : PR application. I am sorry if i wasn't specific earlier, but you will need to upload the e-medical form. It's in the same section as Supporting Documents, where you would have uploaded all the other required documents. I can send you a screenshot of my profile if needed.
This is a spousal sponsorship forum, not EE.

adamhopkins

Feb 28, 2017
Yes, this is for a common law sponsorship. But thanks for the reply