+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to be CGA/CMA to apply under NOC 1111 Accountant

jeff123321

Feb 3, 2015
Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone could provide me some advises:

I work for an oil company as an analyst. My title doesn't sound like an accountant but my job duties match about 80% of NOC 1111. Has anyone applied under this NOC by a different job title?

I don't have an accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA), I am not currently enrolled in these programs either... I consulted HRSDC, they said accountant is a regulated job in Canada, I need to meet the requirement to apply under NOC 1111. I was confused.

Wondering if anyone applied 1111 without a accounting designation? I am a recent graduate from university and just met 1 year working experience requirement. Not everyone has the opportunity to study CA/become a CA within 1 year after school.

Any advice is great appreciated. Thank you.

jlauhn

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Honduras
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeff123321 said:
Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone could provide me some advises:

I work for an oil company as an analyst. My title doesn't sound like an accountant but my job duties match about 80% of NOC 1111. Has anyone applied under this NOC by a different job title?

I don't have an accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA), I am not currently enrolled in these programs either... I consulted HRSDC, they said accountant is a regulated job in Canada, I need to meet the requirement to apply under NOC 1111. I was confused.

Wondering if anyone applied 1111 without a accounting designation? I am a recent graduate from university and just met 1 year working experience requirement. Not everyone has the opportunity to study CA/become a CA within 1 year after school.

Any advice is great appreciated. Thank you.
You should choose the NOC that matches your jobe duties, not the one that matches your title.

As for the designation, you don't need to have one to apply under that NOC as many countries you can work without a designation. However, to work in Canada in that field, you should find out ho to have a designation in the intended province.

All the best.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
Hi,

I did not had a designation, however a University Degree. I applied under a different NOC at that point of time, because thought the same. CIC has put my application to NOC 1111 Accountant. It is a while ago, but as mention before the NOC is not about the title.

jeff123321

Feb 3, 2015
jlauhn said:
You should choose the NOC that matches your jobe duties, not the one that matches your title.

As for the designation, you don't need to have one to apply under that NOC as many countries you can work without a designation. However, to work in Canada in that field, you should find out ho to have a designation in the intended province.

All the best.
I do work in Canada, does it mean I have to get the designation? Thanks again.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
No and Yes

No as you are saying you do work in Canada without the designation. And not every position in the company require a designation.

Yes because if you want to work as an accountant it is better to have the designation here in Canada. You will find easier a job and get better payment.

As I said before for applying I did not need the designation. And I even could not have started the program for the designation for CGA without being PR. Not sure if this has changed with the merge of CGA,CA etc.