+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to attach my CV/Resume?

ROCIOLIVELY

Jul 26, 2024
I am applying, my husband is the sponsor. Is it necessary to attach a CV/Resume, I see that this option is in the Additional Supporting Documents section. I have a question about the online form IMM 0008, we put a list of our jobs. On the other hand, are the study and work diplomas sent to be translated by a professional translator or is it not necessary?

Thank you very much in advance for answering this question.

Rocío Lively

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am applying, my husband is the sponsor. Is it necessary to attach a CV/Resume, I see that this option is in the Additional Supporting Documents section. I have a question about the online form IMM 0008, we put a list of our jobs. On the other hand, are the study and work diplomas sent to be translated by a professional translator or is it not necessary?

Thank you very much in advance for answering this question.

Rocío Lively
Whatever is required should be in the document checklist. It's different depending on the country you are applying from/living now.

Why do you list your husband's job? He is the sponsor? (you said "our jobs") IMM 0008 is principle applicant (PA, i.e. you) background.
Follow the guide/checklist to see if the documents are required and if so required to be professionally translated. (also country specific)

Your husband should be able to help you to file the form since he is the sponsor and a PR/citizen of Canada and needs to learn about how to sponsor and what is his responsible as a sponsor. If you two have issue understanding the process or filling in the form, pay for help from an immigration lawyer. (authorized representative from IRCC)
Learn about representatives - Canada.ca

ROCIOLIVELY

Jul 26, 2024
Whatever is required should be in the document checklist. It's different depending on the country you are applying from/living now.

Why do you list your husband's job? He is the sponsor? (you said "our jobs") IMM 0008 is principle applicant (PA, i.e. you) background.
Follow the guide/checklist to see if the documents are required and if so required to be professionally translated. (also country specific)

Your husband should be able to help you to file the form since he is the sponsor and a PR/citizen of Canada and needs to learn about how to sponsor and what is his responsible as a sponsor. If you two have issue understanding the process or filling in the form, pay for help from an immigration lawyer. (authorized representative from IRCC)
Learn about representatives - Canada.ca
Thank you very much for your answer. The checklist does not indicate to attach my CV/Resume. Oh, excuse me, it is an issue with my English, I meant to say "my jobs." In the IMM 0008, I, the PA, filled out a list of my jobs. My husband does support me, but he is also new to this and sometimes we get confused but we move forward, with the filling out of forms. They are just reading topics that sometimes confuse even him. Since I read the checklist several times and it does not ask for anything about proof of my jobs or translating them, that is why I asked because I saw this option in Additional supporting documents of the form, then my doubt came. Thank you very much in advance for your answer.