+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need LMO for WP renewal with PN letter of Support

kabilapatila

Apr 22, 2009
Friends

I am working in Canada on a 2 year work permit expiring in July 2009. During my stay in Canada, I applied for the Nova Scotia Provincial Nomination, which was approved and I sent my application to Buffalo CIC. I am not sure that I will be able to get PR approval before expiry of my WP so I want to apply for extension of my work permit.

My question is

If I include "Letter of Support" issued by the the provincial office of Immigration (which they have agreed to issue), then, do I still need to apply for LMO..?

Thanks

kabilapatila

Apr 22, 2009
You mean to say that the letter of support from Provincial immigration office will state that LMO is not required??

Thanks

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Wasnt the letter of support clear enough,The letter clearly instructs the Canadian Embassy or Consulate to give you an open work visa NO LMO Required,All support letters have them along with the special stickers to expedite them.Maybe your PNP kit is incomplete???

kabilapatila

Apr 22, 2009
Hi BCguy

I think I did not made it clear enough in my post. Let me explain again...

I have already received Nomination Certificate and its copy was enclosed with my PR application which I had already sent to CIC Buffalo

I have yet to request "Letter of Support" to support my application for the renewal of my Work Permit. So I dont what will be its contents

My Work Permit is not open and I am allowed to work only for one employer.

Thanks