29 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
29 FEB 2016
Med's Done....
19 FEB 2016
Passport Req..
05 OCT 2016
Hello All,
this might be a stupid question as i just woke :p up to apply for Express entry.you can also direct me if this question is already answered

Question:I have a Masters degree from USA .i also have a Bachelors degree from India.Now do i need to have both my degrees approved from ECA ? or just having Master Degree (from USA ) approved from ECA will be enough to get points.

Please help.
Thank You

rojiv94

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajpalneha36 said:
Hello All,
this might be a stupid question as i just woke :p up to apply for Express entry.you can also direct me if this question is already answered

Question:I have a Masters degree from USA .i also have a Bachelors degree from India.Now do i need to have both my degrees approved from ECA ? or just having Master Degree (from USA ) approved from ECA will be enough to get points.

Please help.
Thank You
Both masters & bachelors degrees must done ECA

Has002

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
rajpalneha36 said:
Hello All,

Please help.
Thank You
Yes you need to asses each degree you have.

ynpe

Mar 8, 2015
what if I have a:

1. high school diploma
2. degree
3. internship certificate

do assessment for all or just degree would be fine?
any link to where it says exactly which of those must be evaluated?

Has002

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
If your certificate\degree add points to your score you should do WES evaluation and prove them they are legit.

Reactions: kaddu747

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
rajpalneha36 said:
Hello All,

Please help.
Thank You see
Get your highest degree evaluated. You can do for degree too but not required.

rajpalneha36

Star Member
Mar 20, 2015
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 FEB 2016
AOR Received.
29 FEB 2016
Med's Done....
19 FEB 2016
Passport Req..
05 OCT 2016
caththisking said:
Get your highest degree evaluated. You can do for degree too but not required.
Thats what i was thinking too that i would just need the highest degree verified .but after reading people comments its confusing.Is there a way to get this answer from official source.

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
rajpalneha36 said:
Hello All,

Please help.
Thank You

Do ECA for the Master only. Try to calculate ur points with the following tool and choose that u have master degree. U donot have to do ECA for ur bachelor because u will get the same point without mention the bachelor.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

i hope that can help you.good luck ☺

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
rajpalneha36 said:
Thats what i was thinking too that i would just need the highest degree verified .but after reading people comments its confusing.Is there a way to get this answer from official source.
I am in the same boat and just got my masters evaluated. Got full points for masters. I didn't even enter my bachelors degree as it is not evaluated by WES and it didn't affect my total points.

Infact go to this CIC link...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

At the bottom of the page -expand 'submitting your report' section...it says 'You will only get points on the FSW selection grid for your highest completed Canadian educational credentials shown in the ECA report.' which means if even if you get more than one degree evaluated - you will get pts for the highest degree only.

cheesu

Mar 2, 2015
no its better if u get ur all degree evaluated bcoz wes charge for a single application despite the number of degrees. by the way I sent my bachelor n master degree both n was evaluated as bachelors 4 yrs .. so who knows wats urs. better send all degrees document.

sidchowdray

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
get ur highest qualification done

JIDI

Apr 9, 2015
Important Note:
If you are submitting documents for evaluation of an earned Master’s degree (Arts, Sciences, Commerce) or an earned Post-Graduate Diploma, you must also provide WES with your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES will not proceed with an evaluation.

Im confused....if i send my Master's degree....WES wont proceed??

can101

Jan 1, 2015
Friends,

I have MS (masters) (1 and half years duration ) from France in Supply Chain and purchasing. To get 135 score, do I need to get ECA evaluation for my MS only or do I need to do my BTech (India) evaluation as well? or I can jgo ahead with masters only

My biggest concern is to get Btech evaluation as I am living outside India... and BTech evaluation will cause big issues.

Will appreciate your advise here.