+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to submit an application for common-law parter?

DONI2muzic

Sep 20, 2020
Hi.
My partner and I are outside of Canada now. I'm applying a PGWP and got confused some point.
One of question that I have to answer is 'Do you want to submit an application for family member?' and I have no I idea whether I should answer 'Yes'.
Actually my plan was my partner would apply a work permit later with some docs like at least 3 pay stubs of me and job offer something like that. So I though it could be proceeded after my PGWP processing was completed. But if answer 'Yes', I have to submit an application a work permit for partner at this moment. What should I do?
Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi.
My partner and I are outside of Canada now. I'm applying a PGWP and got confused some point.
One of question that I have to answer is 'Do you want to submit an application for family member?' and I have no I idea whether I should answer 'Yes'.
Actually my plan was my partner would apply a work permit later with some docs like at least 3 pay stubs of me and job offer something like that. So I though it could be proceeded after my PGWP processing was completed. But if answer 'Yes', I have to submit an application a work permit for partner at this moment. What should I do?
Thanks in advance.
In order for your partner to qualify for a work permit, you must be working in Canada in a NOC A, B or 0 job and must provide three payslips with the application. Right now you don't qualify to apply for the spousal work permit and should answer no to that question. You can apply for the SOWP once you are back in Canada and working in a qualifying job.

Reactions: DONI2muzic

DONI2muzic

Sep 20, 2020
In order for your partner to qualify for a work permit, you must be working in Canada in a NOC A, B or 0 job and must provide three payslips with the application. Right now you don't qualify to apply for the spousal work permit and should answer no to that question. You can apply for the SOWP once you are back in Canada and working in a qualifying job.
Thanks.
Really helpful.