+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to make an appointment to land?

MBUSACAN

Jul 2, 2022
Will be landing in January via driving a uhaul across the border. I can just show up right? I don’t need to schedule anything? Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Will be landing in January via driving a uhaul across the border. I can just show up right? I don’t need to schedule anything? Thanks in advance.
You can just show up. No appointment.

Reactions: MBUSACAN

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Might be a good idea to call the POE where you plan to enter just to make sure they offer 24 hour service for COPR activation/Landing process.

You will also need to have a completed BSF186 form listing everything that you are bringing with you to import into Canada. You can also provide a Goods to Follow list for any items that you will be bringing at a later date.

MBUSACAN

Jul 2, 2022
Might be a good idea to call the POE where you plan to enter just to make sure they offer 24 hour service for COPR activation/Landing process.

You will also need to have a completed BSF186 form listing everything that you are bringing with you to import into Canada. You can also provide a Goods to Follow list for any items that you will be bringing at a later date.
Good idea thank you! I plan on crossing during “normal” hours but it wouldn’t hurt to call. I’m aware of the list! I have been compiling it for a little while so I can add stuff as I think of it or as I buy new stuff.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good idea thank you! I plan on crossing during “normal” hours but it wouldn’t hurt to call. I’m aware of the list! I have been compiling it for a little while so I can add stuff as I think of it or as I buy new stuff.
Be careful. Buying new items just before moving to Canada could be an issue. Your `goods' list should be things that you've been using already.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/border-entry/bringing-goods.html

`When you move to Canada from another country, you may bring your personal and household goods with you without paying duty. You’ll have to pay duty on any item you bring that hasn’t been used.'

MBUSACAN

Jul 2, 2022
Be careful. Buying new items just before moving to Canada could be an issue. Your `goods' list should be things that you've been using already.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/border-entry/bringing-goods.html

`When you move to Canada from another country, you may bring your personal and household goods with you without paying duty. You’ll have to pay duty on any item you bring that hasn’t been used.'
Very glad I made this post. Did not know about the used thing. Guess I’ll go ahead and try them out before I move!

Reactions: Ponga