+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i have to get a Airport transit visa to travel via Paris (CDG) to India? (Need to know as soon as possible)

jaspaladil

Aug 16, 2017
You need to check with Air India and CDG. The WestJet customer service agent is likely not familiar with what would happen in Paris.
I am checking with CDG and Air India.
Just now I called WestJet customer care and they reconfirm me that it's not an issue for them since I have a connecting flight in the next 7 hours from Paris.
So, if WestJet allows me to board the plane, then probably I can manage the terminal transfer at CDG.

jaspaladil

Aug 16, 2017
You need to check with Air India and CDG. The west jet customer service agent is likely not familiar with what would happen in Paris.
Ok, so called Air India customer care and they said that for all the visa-related queries I have to consult with the French Embassy and they can't help in this case.
The French Embassy here in Canada asked me to contact VFS for visa-related queries.
This was the reply - "The Visa service of the Consulate General of France in Montreal processes all applications submitted by VFS but does not provide any information relating to visas either by telephone or by email during the entire process"

While this is the VFS reply -
"Thank you for contacting VFS Global France Visa Helpdesk.

In order to determine if you need a French visa we recommend you to check the virtual visa wizard that you can find on the French Visa website. By filling out the virtual visa wizard with your information you will be able to confirm whether or not you need a visa.

Please visit the following link to confirm the information."

jaspaladil

Aug 16, 2017
You need to check with Air India and CDG. The west jet customer service agent is likely not familiar with what would happen in Paris.
Received this reply from CDG -
"Dear Sir,

If you don't have to collect checked-in baggage, you won't have to clear immigration.

You will be able to stay airside and take a transit shuttle (blue line)."

So now I think there is no issue as I would not be required to clear the immigration and I would do the web check-in for my second flight and have my boarding pass ready before my first flight to Paris.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Received this reply from CDG -
"Dear Sir,

If you don't have to collect checked-in baggage, you won't have to clear immigration.

You will be able to stay airside and take a transit shuttle (blue line)."

So now I think there is no issue as I would not be required to clear the immigration and I would do the web check-in for my second flight and have my boarding pass ready before my first flight to Paris.
Did you clarify you booked separate tickets?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you clarify you booked separate tickets?
Perhaps the poster has no check-in baggage (only a carry on and/or personal item allowable on both flights). Hence no need to clear immigration. Can go directly to the other boarding gate to board the second flight.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If you're comfortable with it, go ahead and good luck. I believe from perspective of the airlines it will be your problem if any difficulties occur, your responsibility.