+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have a shot?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mdewan_bd said:
ok. since everyone is questioning about the IELTS score lets just settle that first. To be honest I am posting here on behalf of my brother in law. so when I say I have a low score i'm talking about HIM. my IELTS score is 7.5 and I am going to NL canada on study permit next month. But I didnt think that that was necessary to tell. so sorry about that. The thing is If my brother in law starts posting here you guys would have a hard time decrypting his english :D
That figures...should have said that in the first place!!! Wayne said it all....Mandie

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
mdewan_bd said:
ok. since everyone is questioning about the IELTS score lets just settle that first. To be honest I am posting here on behalf of my brother in law. so when I say I have a low score i'm talking about HIM. my IELTS score is 7.5 and I am going to NL canada on study permit next month. But I didnt think that that was necessary to tell. so sorry about that. The thing is If my brother in law starts posting here you guys would have a hard time decrypting his english :D
That's more like it!
Your brother-in-law may or may not squeak through. 1122 will involve excellent English usage.

BTW, 1122 fills up pretty fast, so IMO he should be making up his mind about throwing in the application ASAP!
Also, I suppose he has nothing to loose and should apply.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
O I had a hunch that the post is from someone else :)

Excellent answers above. You need to read em and act accordingly.

I agree, Its better to at least Apply and get rejected then Never applying and not knowing your fate.

axsultana

Aug 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-11
AOR Received.
12-12-11
Hi,

I have MS in CS from USA and BE in Electronics & Communication Engineering from India and have 6 years of Business Analyst experience. Can I qualify under 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management. I help businesses with change but I do not have formal degree in business.

Do I have a shot here?

Please put your ideas!

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah... Doors dont open until u knock....
devilhimselff said:
O I had a hunch that the post is from someone else :)

Excellent answers above. You need to read em and act accordingly.

I agree, Its better to at least Apply and get rejected then Never applying and not knowing your fate.

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
mdewan_bd said:
A warm hello to all of you. I'm a newbie here from Bangladesh and in need of urgent help.

Lets just cut to the chase. To the best of my judgment and evaluation I receive exactly 67 points. I should mention that I had a poor score on IELTS and receive only the minimum 2 points out of 16. Is it likely that I will be refused despite getting the cutoff score only because I don't have a good command over English?

I should also mention that although I have managed to acquire the minimum fund of approx CA$ 14000 for me and my spouse, its been in my account for only a week. Will this satisfy the fund requirement?
Or Should I make a fixed deposit with this money?

I realize that the cap for 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management is going to be filled very soon and if I have any chance whatsoever, then I must apply immediately.

So fellow forum members, please give me your opinion. Should I apply?

your own opinion is correct. so do not apply with 2 points in ielts..straight rejection...

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Cappuccino said:
"I should mention that I had a poor score on IELTS and receive only the minimum 2 points out of 16"

Certainly sounds like you are talking about yourself and not your brother-in-law! No problems with your posting on his behalf but it would have been less confusing for us if you had told us that to begin with! :)

Anyway, the bottom line is in my view CIO eligibility review MAY allow your brother through if he has 67 points, since they tend to be very operational-manual-centric. However, I believe the visa office and the immigration officer reviewing your brother-in-law's case would refuse it at his/her discretion with such poor English skills.

To be honest, if I were reviewing the case, I would refuse it too. It would otherwise be unfair on the applicant because they would really struggle to get a job with such poor English, and unfair on the Canadian welfare system which would have to support them if they did not get a job.

Reasonable language skills are a very important component of deciding if someone should be allowed to emmigrate.

So my advice stands - tell your brother to spend time and effort into improving his English skills.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
Sound advice indeed.