Jan 29, 2017
Hi mates,

I have an IELTS score of 7.5

listening 7
reading 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 7

Btech dgree

4 year india and 2 year saudi work experience.

Will i get a pr? Which province is the best?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Get your btech ECA and then see how many points you have.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nithinte said:
Hi mates,

listening 7
reading 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 7

Btech dgree

Suggestion:
listening 7
reading 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 7

Suggestion: Try for
listening 8
reading 7
writing 7
speaking 7

This will help greatly in getting ITA/PR

nithinte

Jan 29, 2017
When I talk to an agent she told me I have 387 points. Should I proceed with this? She is forcing me to.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
nithinte said:
When I talk to an agent she told me I have 387 points. Should I proceed with this? She is forcing me to.
To be honest with 387 points, you will be in the pool for a very long time before you get ITA. I spoke to some consultants to get an idea but decided to do it on my own. the consultant I went to just wanted my business and wanted to sign me up. He told me it doesn't matter what score you have. If you enter the pool, provinces will pick you up and give you 600 points. Since I from outside Canada, my only chance to get PNP was from Ontario and the minimum CRS points they wanted was 400. I have way more than that. I didnt want to depend on PNP as I felt I was capable of improving my CRS. Now all PNPs are online but didn't want to go through the old paper based method. If you can get a PNP then go for it else retake ielts and improve your score. If you have maxed out on ielts then PNP is your only option.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
nithinte said:
Consultant only want money and they aren't of much help now. This forum has the details. You can enter Express entry pool your self.

microntek

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome, Italy
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-03-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
30-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-12-2017
The best for what?
I believe you should first check which Province's selection requirements you meet. If there are more than one "candidate" provinces, then you can start comparing your options.

Manylivesmanymasters

Jan 25, 2017
Chennnai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-17
nithinte said:
Hi mates,

listening 7
reading 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 7

Btech dgree

Hi,
Please use the CRS tool and calculate your score. Based on the discussion on this group the points are expected to go down to 420 by this year end. And the provinces will also open up.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
387 is on the lower side, so you may want to reconsider spending a lot of money on a consultant. The likelihood of 387 getting an ITA in the next six months is slim - no one can predict it for sure, but look at the trends and make up your own mind.

If you really want to do this, I'd suggest the following:

1. Read up on the Express Entry program. It's not that complicated and you don't need a consultant at this stage.
2. Retake the IELTS and try and get more points. The language scores are a very important factor, and they are usually the easiest thing to improve - considering you can't do much about your age, getting a Masters, more work ex, etc. The IELTS is just an exam that you can prepare for.
3. If you really want to, spend some money on getting an ECA for your degrees. This can take months, so it might be worth starting the process while you prepare for your IELTS.

So, let's say 4 months from now you have improved your scores, and you have your ECA done. You will have spent ~$500 USD, but it's on things that are essential for the process, and potentially useful in case you ever apply for a Masters or something. It's not a waste.

You will be in a far better position to assess your chances and decide whether you need a consultant's help. Make an informed decision, don't just give money away.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
nithinte said:
To be completely honest, that score will not get you an ITA at any foreseeable point in the future. Scores have never dropped below 450. Anything below 440 is extremely unlikely and would be completely unprecedented, and honestly anything below 430 just isn't going to happen. Your agent or whoever just sounds like they are trying to grab your money. Either apply to express entry yourself for free, or don't do it at all because your score just isn't worth the investment (unless you are willing to improve it, of course).

nithinte

Jan 29, 2017
First of all, thank you for all the helpful replies.

Actually my score is

listening 8
reading 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 7

Total 7.5

The agent told me that there are more chances in Quebec now. And the required score is brought down to 5 (ielts).

I was wondering that whether I should spend 10k inr to register with them. Is it a safe bet?
I am also thinking about giving revaluation request on my Writing. If it gets to 7 the better, right?

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nithinte said:

Actually my score is

listening 8
reading 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 7

Total 7.5

Dude without French language proficiency test (TEF or DELF), trust me dude Quebec ain't happening. IELTS can get you maximum of 6 points, but on the contrary French can get you maximum of 16 points. But the catch is, even if you start learning French now, which I am doing atm, the minimum level is B2 intermediate to claim any point for French whatsoever. B2 in all four band will fetch you 12 points which will most definitely seal the deal. When I asked my teacher how long it might take to complete B2 intermediate, and all said at least 2 years. And learning French ain't easy I would like to share. It sounds pretty, but to learn you need commitment and time. I work 48 hours, 6 days a week. Its been nearly 8 months since I started learning French and i have only got to A2 Beginner or level 4. B2 intermediate, i reckon is level 12. In a nutshell, if you don't have French, Quebec is might difficult if not impossible.

Do not give your money away to that prick consultant, although i am a education counselor myself, but i never blurry or unclear message to my clients. Hope my input helps you in anyway. Cheers.

The agent told me that there are more chances in Quebec now. And the required score is brought down to 5 (ielts).

I was wondering that whether I should spend 10k inr to register with them. Is it a safe bet?
I am also thinking about giving revaluation request on my Writing. If it gets to 7 the better, right?

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
nithinte said:

Actually my score is

listening 8
reading 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 7

Total 7.5

Stop speaking to this agent. If you can't get a score of 440 minimum then you should not pay to submit a profile.