+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DIVORCE, remarried in the Philipippines...were we in trouble?

ellaine

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 22, 2013 , received as per tracking number August 26, 2013
AOR Received.
September 5, 2013
File Transfer...
September 13, 2013
Med's Done....
August 5, 2013
Passport Req..
November 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 13, 2013
LANDED..........
February 07, 2014 (Winnipeg)
scoobydoo33 said:
That's indeed a great help ellaine, my partner and i are in the exactly the same case of what you wrote..but we applied under "conjugal partner" sponsorship and our VO is in Abu Dhabi as I am working here in Bahrain for almost a decade already and we thought that marriage is not possible for us in the Philippines..so right now we are hopeful that everything will turn out fine..God is Great :)
you are very much welcome.

everly522

Oct 4, 2013
Re: How to file a petition to Recognize Divorce in Philippines?

bong28 said:
Hi! Can anyone help me know how is the procedure of filing a petition to recognize my Divorce in the Philippines? My ex wife and I got married in Philippines 17yrs ago. And presently we are now residing here in Canada but things went wrong as years passed by.... I filed a divorce against her after I got my citizenship. And Divorce granted. I am planning to re marry again in the Philippines but since there is no divorce in Philippines they advise me to file a petition to recognize my divorce.

Your advise and suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot...

everly522

Oct 4, 2013
Re: How to file a petition to Recognize Divorce in Philippines?

bong28 said:
Hi! Can anyone help me know how is the procedure of filing a petition to recognize my Divorce in the Philippines? My ex wife and I got married in Philippines 17yrs ago. And presently we are now residing here in Canada but things went wrong as years passed by.... I filed a divorce against her after I got my citizenship. And Divorce granted. I am planning to re marry again in the Philippines but since there is no divorce in Philippines they advise me to file a petition to recognize my divorce.

Your advise and suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot...
hello etu rin po problema nmin ng bf ko may bf is canadian n he was married to a pinay here in pinas and got divorced in canada ,now my bf plans to marry me here in phils but we both dint know what to do..anyone can advise? thanx

road

Jan 8, 2018
Hello!
I have many questions in my mind that need an answers hope you guys can help me.. I am married here in japan and divorce in japan by divorce by agreement,so meaning to say our divorce didn’t go to trial court in japan. We just both signed papers and gave to city hall. Then that’s it we’re already divorce. Does this kind of divorce recognize in Canada? My boyfriend and I are planning to marry in Canada. I’m living here Japan for 5years already, and in my home country I’m still married since divorce in Philippines are difficult. Please help thanks

cmangao

Jan 27, 2020
Re: Re married in the Philipippines, we're facing a big problem???

HI SandJ,
I have the same situation as yours. I am planning to sponsor my husband, did you have any problem with your application? Are you together now? Thanks
OH MY GOD! There is someone who PM'ed me who had an exact case like me, and they got approved!

I don't know why but I can't reply back to you...
Thank you for a quick reply. Anyway they dont ask CENOMAR at all coz I'm not a filipino citizen anymore and as a canadian citizen the requirements the they asked are divorce decree, my passport and canadian citizenship card. I'm so worried now, what if my second marriage was void. Our application is in process now so there is a possibility that that CIC will refuse it. :'(
Hi! You are already a Canadian citizen now, so Philippine law doesn't apply to you anymore, bring your divorce paper and marry your girl back home would not be a problem. Yes, you can petition her after you get married. :) Goodluck..

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
You cannot remarry in the Philippines unless you file for recognition of divorce ...as there is no divorce in the Philippines.....the difference of filing the divorce after you got your canadian citizenship is you dont have to file an annulment. Philiipine law will still apply to since your are married in the Philippines