24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hello,
please do advise me on the following matter. The Canadian spouse had two marriages that ended in divorce. First divorce took place in 1989, second 1996.The matter is that the spouse cannot find the papers related to the 1st divorce, but it is planned to mail the application these days. Is it necessary to submit both divorce papers or the last - second - one can be enough? It is obvious that the second marriage wouldn't happen without the first being divorced. Could you please advise what is the possible way out this situation?
thank you in advance

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think submitting the application without proof of the 1st divorce would be a bad idea. I am quite sure that CIC will want documented proof of both divorces. They will not simply "assume" that the 1st divorce took place because the sponsor re-married. If he/she doesn't have proof of the 1st divorce, they will need to contact the Archives Dept. of the province where the marriage took place. (I am assuming the divorce took place in Canada since you say the spouse is Canadian.) For instance, this is where you would look for divorce files in Ontario: http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/ENGLISH/guides/pdf/rg_210_divorce_ont.pdf

denscheri

May 2, 2014
Hello everyone...Good day!
I am currently processing my divorce papers and is now its now in the Philippines. I have a question as to where we need to get it notarized. Is it the place where my ex-husband lives or the place where my cousin lives? My cousin will be the one who will serve the divorce paper to my husband. I want to ask this because I know that the CIC is very strict about these kind of legalities..
Thanks for the enlightenment!
Cheers!

neovinz

Apr 25, 2017
Hi i have a huge question... my wife and i are canadian citizen now and we are married for 10 years now in canada but we are married in the philippines 2008 legally. If we will file a divorce here in canada and its been approve. Can i get married again in the philippines and bring my new partner/wife here in canada? Is canadian will allow it?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
neovinz said:
Hi i have a huge question... my wife and i are canadian citizen now and we are married for 10 years now in canada but we are married in the philippines 2008 legally. If we will file a divorce here in canada and its been approve. Can i get married again in the philippines and bring my new partner/wife here in canada? Is canadian will allow it?

Yes they will allow it but you will be scrutinized I maybe wrong

neovinz

Apr 25, 2017
carolbb23 said:
Yes they will allow it but you will be scrutinized I maybe wrong
Thank you... what is the best advice f my divorce will finally approve, do i need to get married her in canada or in the philippines as there is no annulment in our mother land. But i am not filipino citize no more.. i didnt do dual citizenship.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
neovinz said:
Thank you... what is the best advice f my divorce will finally approve, do i need to get married her in canada or in the philippines as there is no annulment in our mother land. But i am not filipino citize no more.. i didnt do dual citizenship.

I dunno be tough I can be wrong you can married her at city Hall I dunno it's tough