+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dissolving relationship- common law spousal sponsorship

Cd9008

Apr 14, 2024
My common law partner and myself have completed all steps for his PR. We have one kid with another on the way but he has become just unbearable in so many ways. My life is miserable with him. It’s getting worst and worst every day. I still want him to get his pr but I want him out of my home and away from me. The amount of stress he causes me daily is not healthy for me or the kids or the baby on the way. What are my
Options?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My common law partner and myself have completed all steps for his PR. We have one kid with another on the way but he has become just unbearable in so many ways. My life is miserable with him. It’s getting worst and worst every day. I still want him to get his pr but I want him out of my home and away from me. The amount of stress he causes me daily is not healthy for me or the kids or the baby on the way. What are my
Options?
Move out with the kid and contact a lawyer to get legal custody of the child.

Cd9008

Apr 14, 2024
I own my home and he refuses to leave. I can’t afford anywhere else. I don’t want to involve the cops it’s. just verbal but it’s unbearable

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Options?
Your obligation is to let IRCC know that the relationship is ending. He can't be sponsored , despite what you want, if the relationship is over.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As already stated you are obliged to tell IRCC if the relationship is over and withdraw your sponsorship. You would also be financially responsible for him for 3 years if he got PR which I assume you do not want to risk.

Reactions: Buletruck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I own my home and he refuses to leave. I can’t afford anywhere else. I don’t want to involve the cops it’s. just verbal but it’s unbearable
Cancel the PR application now. If you don't you could be on the hook for tens of thousands of dollars if he takes social assistance.

If he will not leave the house willingly and it's your property, then you need to involve the police.

Reactions: canuck78

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Options?
“I still want him to get his pr but I want him out of my home and away from me. The amount of stress he causes me daily is not healthy for me or the kids or the baby on the way. “

These two sentences don’t even make sense
Plus you’re talking immigration fraud

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Options?
You will be financially responsible for his for 3 years after the day that he becomes a PR. Based on your story, that seems beyond crazy!