+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discrepancy in work experience and educational backgroud

avarava23

May 20, 2009
Hi friends,

I will be arriving in Toronto on 28th of July on a study permit. I look forward to apply for PR in Canada before September through the Skilled Worker Class.

I have been working as a financial analyst for the past two years in a big 4 Audit firm. However, my undergraduate degree is in Metallurgical Engineering and I do not have any relevent education credentials in finance. I was trained by my firm and subsequently picked up the tricks of the trade with experience. This is a pretty usual practice in my country and firms recruit students majorly on their aptitude and train them in the relevent skills.

I did find an NOC code whose description matches that of my job responsibility. However, the educational requirements mentioned in that section talk about degree in finance, buisness or commerce which apparently renders me ineligible for that NOC.

Can someone please throw some light on the flexibility of the educational requirements. Is there any way for me to apply through that NOC.

Thanks and Regards,
MR

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
in case of for canadian immigration, if your work experience is not related to your educational background, this doesn't make any problem for you. choose the NOC code that you think has a description matching with your main duties. dont worry about the educational background. the educational requirement given under the NOC codes is only there to tell you that you should have these educational requirements if you want to find a job in this occupation in canada.

A

ankit0uc

Yes you can apply. Immigration officer will consider only your work experience and not related eudcation.

if you want to re-confirm what I have written above, I think it will be a good idea if you refer to manuals Op1 and Op6 (These manuals are available on CIC website). These guides will give you fairly good idea.

I suggest that get a good reference letter from your employer that list all the related duties you have so far performed under applicable nOc.

hope this helps.
Good luck.

ali786leo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I am in same problem I applied for PR in nov 05 from london but resufed short of 1point in dec08 now i want to reapply again I have done master in computer science and experience of 2 year but in last 3 years I have done some diplomas in business admin from london and I was working as a adminstrator in a care taking home now I got a job in same place as a accountant as far I have to show 1 year experience to reapply so my question after 7 months I am eligable to apply in accountant category becuz my job duties come on NOC 1111
as far I have no MBA ,BBA degree .

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Ali

If you qualify and score 67 or more points then you can apply. Degree is not that imp, points are + FSW conditions