+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disclosing unauthorized work on PGWP application

Jasie_377

Aug 28, 2019
Hello everyone,

I need your help and expertise in a matter. I have accidentally started working full time starting May 28th, 2019 and applied to PGWP on July 4th of 2019. I know this is a regretful mistake and I have disclosed this information on my pgwp application (LOE) explaining my situation as to why I made the mistake. At the moment, I have not heard back from the CIC yet.

The time line is:
- I graduated in June 11th but the final course marks were up on May 27th.
- I started working full time starting May 28th
- Applied to PGWP July 4th.

Has anyone gone through the similar situation and disclosed unauthorized work on their pgwp application? Did anyone get it approved? Any insights would be appreciated.

Reactions: Daria13

mehravenky

Nov 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I need your help and expertise in a matter. I have accidentally started working full time starting May 28th, 2019 and applied to PGWP on July 4th of 2019. I know this is a regretful mistake and I have disclosed this information on my pgwp application (LOE) explaining my situation as to why I made the mistake. At the moment, I have not heard back from the CIC yet.

The time line is:

Has anyone gone through the similar situation and disclosed unauthorized work on their pgwp application? Did anyone get it approved? Any insights would be appreciated.
What did you do? Did your application get approved? I'm in a similar situation my final grades were uploaded on my transcript on October 28, 2019 and I started working full time from the same day, and I graduated on November 14, 2019. So in total, I worked 11 working days or 2 weeks worth of unauthorized work. I immediately ceased working the day I realized that I was at fault? Where do you attach a LOE on your online PGWP application?

ammy58

Jan 6, 2020
Hi, I came to canada two months before my study because my relatives live here.

I asked Service Canada can I work and they looked at my Study permit and said Yes. I got my SIN number and I started working part time in November. My study started in January

Now I am applying for PGWP I came to know that the work I did before my full time study started was unauthorized work. I only had one job since November. I am filling IM5710 form in that I have to mention employment I am scared if they see this unauthorized work they will refuse my PGWP? Please suggest what should I do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I came to canada two months before my study because my relatives live here.

I asked Service Canada can I work and they looked at my Study permit and said Yes. I got my SIN number and I started working part time in November. My study started in January

Now I am applying for PGWP I came to know that the work I did before my full time study started was unauthorized work. I only had one job since November. I am filling IM5710 form in that I have to mention employment I am scared if they see this unauthorized work they will refuse my PGWP? Please suggest what should I do?
There's really nothing you can do at this point but apply for the PGWP and hope for the best. It's possible the officer may forgive the illegal work - also possible your PGWP may be refused based on these grounds. Unfortunately it's not possible for any of us here to tell you what the decision will be. You'll have to apply and see what happens. Good luck.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hello everyone,

The time line is:

I have a similar situation. I worked thinking my co-op work visa is a valid document to work after graduation as it was valid even after my course was over. I've applied for pgwp. Fingers crossed.

Egury

Apr 14, 2020
Hey guys.. My PGWP was approved for 3 years..
I applied on 23rd November 2019 and got it on 19th Feb 2020..
Good luck to everyone who are waiting for theirs..
Hi,
I have a similar situation here... did you disclose it to the cic or just let it go? I worked couple shifts after receiving the email from my faculty stating that I’ve completed all the requirements thinking my study permit is still valid... I’m actually still not sure if this is considered as unauthorized work but if possible please let me know if you submitted LOE for your situation..
Thanks!

Vincentcamb

Jun 23, 2020
I came to Canada February 2019 and my school starts May 2019 but worked 3 weeks before school starts 20-30 hours per week. Do I need to put it on my IMM 5710?

I am now applying for a pgwp and all the work I’ve done for the length of my studies is authorized. In total I have 3 jobs. 2 authorized and 1 that is 3 weeks unauthorized. Someone help before I apply.

Reactions: Leopatril

Nehal5166

Jan 15, 2021
Hi,
I have a similar situation here... did you disclose it to the cic or just let it go? I worked couple shifts after receiving the email from my faculty stating that I’ve completed all the requirements thinking my study permit is still valid... I’m actually still not sure if this is considered as unauthorized work but if possible please let me know if you submitted LOE for your situation..
Thanks!
Hey have you heard anything on yours yet?

Nehal5166

Jan 15, 2021
I came to Canada February 2019 and my school starts May 2019 but worked 3 weeks before school starts 20-30 hours per week. Do I need to put it on my IMM 5710?

I am now applying for a pgwp and all the work I’ve done for the length of my studies is authorized. In total I have 3 jobs. 2 authorized and 1 that is 3 weeks unauthorized. Someone help before I apply.

DPJA7

Feb 15, 2022
Hey man, similar situation. Need advice as I am freaking out. Have DMed you and would really appreciate some advice.