File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have the same issue... In my case my sister is totally bedridden and not sure how to actually bring them here... Sometimes we are just helpless
I'm very sorry for your sister's condition.

In order to apply for PR under H&C, she would need to get an approved TRV and then travel to Canada. Applying under H&C is only possible if she is physically in Canada.

Krrishnith

Nov 12, 2019
I'm very sorry for your sister's condition.

In order to apply for PR under H&C, she would need to get an approved TRV and then travel to Canada. Applying under H&C is only possible if she is physically in Canada.
Thanks for your response... Guess they just have to stay back home then

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response... Guess they just have to stay back home then
The only other option would be to be selected to sponsor your parents through the PGP sponsorship program and then include your sister as a dependent, stating that she is fully dependent on your parents. This can be done while your parents and your sister are outside of Canada. She will not pass a medical (will be medically inadmissible) so you would need to request H&C considerations as part of the PGP application to overcome the medical inadmissibility. This would be best done with the help of an immigration lawyer since this would be a more complex application.

I am of course assuming that at least one of your parents is still alive and that you would meet the minimum income requirements to qualify as a sponsor.

Krrishnith

Nov 12, 2019
The only other option would be to be selected to sponsor your parents through the PGP sponsorship program and then include your sister as a dependent, stating that she is fully dependent on your parents. This can be done while your parents and your sister are outside of Canada. She will not pass a medical (will be medically inadmissible) so you would need to request H&C considerations as part of the PGP application to overcome the medical inadmissibility. This would be best done with the help of an immigration lawyer since this would be a more complex application.

I am of course assuming that at least one of your parents is still alive and that you would meet the minimum income requirements to qualify as a sponsor.
I appreciate your response... Do you happen to know anyone who has overcome this situation? I came across other forums and looks like it will most probably get rejected. But I will have to take a leap of faith. This is my last option as my mother and sister don't have any support back home and its really hard for me to live by myself here when they are suffering back home.. hope some doors will open... sorry for whining... its been too much lately...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I appreciate your response... Do you happen to know anyone who has overcome this situation? I came across other forums and looks like it will most probably get rejected. But I will have to take a leap of faith. This is my last option as my mother and sister don't have any support back home and its really hard for me to live by myself here when they are suffering back home.. hope some doors will open... sorry for whining... its been too much lately...
Sorry, I don't personally know anyone.

You can certainly try the parent sponsorship route with your sister as a dependent. Absolutely nothing stopping you from trying. Keep your eye out for announcements around the PGP program reopening. The first step will be for you to be selected as a sponsor through the lottery.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also look into options of supporting them in your home country since it will likely be difficult to get approved. Paying for a personal support worker, a nurse, someone to cook/clean, etc. would all be ways to help your mother and sister. If you are single and would be supporting your mother and sister on one income you should be aware that there are quite a lot of costs that are not covered by the Canadian healthcare system. That is something you’ll need to consider as well.

Krrishnith

Nov 12, 2019
Would also look into options of supporting them in your home country since it will likely be difficult to get approved. Paying for a personal support worker, a nurse, someone to cook/clean, etc. would all be ways to help your mother and sister. If you are single and would be supporting your mother and sister on one income you should be aware that there are quite a lot of costs that are not covered by the Canadian healthcare system. That is something you’ll need to consider as well.
Thank you for your response. Though a grim reality, that's for sure something to be looked at.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response. Though a grim reality, that's for sure something to be looked at.
Sponsoring any family member except a spouse and your dependent children under 22 is not guaranteed so all families should have a plan if sponsorship is not possible. Given your sister’s health it would have always been difficult to sponsor her. Not sure if you researched before moving to Canada.

Krrishnith

Nov 12, 2019
Sponsoring any family member except a spouse and your dependent children under 22 is not guaranteed so all families should have a plan if sponsorship is not possible. Given your sister’s health it would have always been difficult to sponsor her. Not sure if you researched before moving to Canada.
I was really young when I moved here so I was convinced by others who said it would be easy to bring them here and that canada has medical facilities that would be beneficial for my sister. But people who pass opinions randomly don't understand that these benefits apply only to the residents. Initially came here only so that it would be easy for them. Now that I have grown up, I do understand that the chances are one in thousands and I do regret my decision.. I still love this beautiful country as it provides equal opportunities to everyone ....lately i have been thinking what's the point of just earning money when whole family is separated and not able to be there for each other in worsttimes...my dad is being abusive to my family and causing more mental pressure on me.. i thought it would be better if ny mom and sis are under my protection... it would be hard for me to go back as well....i don't know what else to do and its really hard to make decisions by myself... so wanted to give sponsorship a try as my last option even though I know I might be unsuccessful...its the drive that keeps us going....

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was really young when I moved here so I was convinced by others who said it would be easy to bring them here and that canada has medical facilities that would be beneficial for my sister. But people who pass opinions randomly don't understand that these benefits apply only to the residents. Initially came here only so that it would be easy for them. Now that I have grown up, I do understand that the chances are one in thousands and I do regret my decision.. I still love this beautiful country as it provides equal opportunities to everyone ....lately i have been thinking what's the point of just earning money when whole family is separated and not able to be there for each other in worsttimes...my dad is being abusive to my family and causing more mental pressure on me.. i thought it would be better if ny mom and sis are under my protection... it would be hard for me to go back as well....i don't know what else to do and its really hard to make decisions by myself... so wanted to give sponsorship a try as my last option even though I know I might be unsuccessful...its the drive that keeps us going....
You will need to include your father in your sponsorship if your parents are still married.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Any update. I have a sister too who is mentally diable with a mind of 5year old child & dependent on my parents.

Last edited: