+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Direct support worker for express entry

nardeep09

Feb 23, 2024
Hello everyone, I m working as direct support worker for group living homes under one organisation. M I eligible to apply under noc code 33102( nurse aide) for express entry? Is job title matters or job duties are more valuable than noc code and title? Please answer

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I m working as direct support worker for group living homes under one organisation. M I eligible to apply under noc code 33102( nurse aide) for express entry? Is job title matters or job duties are more valuable than noc code and title? Please answer
Job duties.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Normally, nurse aides' duties are the same ones done by what are more popularly called as personal support workers. Never heard of the "direct support worker" term, but I'm assuming it's the same. Just make sure that the duties listed for NOC 33102 match (most of them) what you do in your job.

Reactions: nardeep09

nardeep09

Feb 23, 2024
Normally, nurse aides' duties are the same ones done by what are more popularly called as personal support workers. Never heard of the "direct support worker" term, but I'm assuming it's the same. Just make sure that the duties listed for NOC 33102 match (most of them) what you do in your job.
Yes, you are right. It’s similar position with personal support worker. my organisation is not nursing home. They have group homes where they support disabled people. Can ị still fall under nurse aid or health care aid. If I get same job duties as nurse aide. Does title matter as direct support worker. Or same job duties would be enough with direct support worker title?

nardeep09

Feb 23, 2024
Thank you so much. It was great help. Could you please answer last question. My organisation is non-profit and government funded. I m working for organisation not for client at their residence. My job duties match 60% with home support worker 44102 and same %age with 33102(nurse aide). According to me, I fall 33102 because I m working for organisation which has group living homes. What are your suggestions? Please reply that would be really appreciated.

Miracle 7

Feb 24, 2024
Hello and praise God my name is miracle from Uganda I would like to apply as a Care giver but I have no passport and visa am a very well behaving girl and I can be patient with my boss am clean and l would like to be able to receive that job I will be great full to have a job of a caregiver ... thanks

Miracle 7

Feb 24, 2024
Hello and praise God my name is miracle from Uganda I would like to apply as a Care giver but I have no passport and visa am a very well behaving girl and I can be patient with my boss am clean and l would like to be able to receive that job I will be great full to have a job of a caregiver ... thanks

WhiteEaglet

Feb 25, 2024
Good morning. Am from Nigeria and currently staying in Lagos am looking for caregiver job. Having worked as care giver for 2 years at Theresa Foundation. Am 6.1ft tall and fair in complexion with an emphatic spirit.