+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diplômes de français professionnel - accepted?

Mar 28, 2017
Hi everyone,

On the official website it says that you need to take the TEF to prove your French language skills. However, if you follow the link they provide to find an approved intuition at which to take the test, you see a number of places offering not just the TEF but a number of other certifications, amongst which there is the Diplômes de français professionnel. This might be wishful thinking but does anyone know whether this is accepted? I only ask because I see that my old university offers it, and I might be able to get some sort of deal. On that note, does anyone know whether they would accept a French degree from a top UK university in lieu of the TEF? It would seem silly not to accept a rigourous four-year degree instead of a much easier qualification. Ideally it would be nice to speak to someone at the visa office, but I couldn't find a way to contact them before submitting my application. If anyone can help with any of these points I'd be very grateful. :)

abderhamoumi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Hi there,

CIC will accept only the TEF or TEFAQ as stated in the link below, but for the province of quebec they could accept other test from other organization to verify on their website.

My advise to you is to take the TEF is a bit expensive comparing to other test, but it will help you to have a bigger image of your score. In addition if you have done other test TEF will be easy for you and you could get the highest score.

Bon courage a toi.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=572&top=5

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
Please note that the language tests which are accepted for Express Entry are fewer than those accepted for citizenship: for Express Entry, only TEF (for French) and IELTS and CELPIP-General (for English) are accepted, whereas for citizenship several others are accepted. The link which was posted before is for citizenship; the following link gives the language tests accepted for EE:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=998&top=29