+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different surname

may31

Aug 22, 2024
Hi my problem is im travelling to Philippines and japan on January but my pr card is different surname and passport is my name when im not yet married is may mendoza and now my pr card is may mendoza cruz ( cruz is my husband surname ) and all my id here just like msp, bc id, and pr is may Mendoza cruz

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi my problem is im travelling to Philippines and japan on January but my pr card is different surname and passport is my name when im not yet married is may mendoza and now my pr card is may mendoza cruz ( cruz is my husband surname ) and all my id here just like msp, bc id, and pr is may Mendoza cruz
Best would be to change your passport.

That said, with marriage certificate would probably be ok as change of last name is a pretty well known custom.

may31

Aug 22, 2024
Actually i went to Philippines consulate if i need first to register my marriage in Philippines it took about 6 months process that’s what they say and after that i can change my passport surname

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Actually i went to Philippines consulate if i need first to register my marriage in Philippines it took about 6 months process that’s what they say and after that i can change my passport surname
I can't speak to how each individual country will treat you having a different surname with marriage certificate. Canada/USA - almost certainly no problem. PH? I've no idea.