+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between the two...

AlanAmil

Nov 14, 2008
Hi, I hope someone here in this forum can enlighten me with my question. Working visa is different from Working Permit? Let say, if the working visa will expires this January 2011 and Working Permit this May of next year. Do I need to take priority first with the Working Permit? Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
Alanamil

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
AlanAmil said:
Hi, I hope someone here in this forum can enlighten me with my question. Working visa is different from Working Permit? Let say, if the working visa will expires this January 2011 and Working Permit this May of next year. Do I need to take priority first with the Working Permit? Thanks in advanced.

Regards,
Alanamil
Yup, work visa is different from work permit. If you are already in Canada, renew you work permit (CPC-Vegreville) first before you send your visa application to a Visa/Consulate office outside (either Buffalo or Seattle).

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSCANADA

But do not leave Canada with an expired visa though.

louie_ace

Aug 21, 2010
hi. can someone come back to Canada on a valid TRV - W1 even with an expired work permit? Lets say only for a vacation purpose of the visit? thanks.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
louie_ace said:
hi. can someone come back to Canada on a valid TRV - W1 even with an expired work permit? Lets say only for a vacation purpose of the visit? thanks.
I suppose in theory you could. But I have never seen a work VISA that was valid for longer than the work permit. Usually the other way around with the visa expiring before the permit. And CBSA could question you at the POE about whether you were still employed and you don't want to lie to these people.

louie_ace

Aug 21, 2010
well maybe im one of those who are lucky to have longer TRV than work permit... how can i then confirm if indeed i can use it. i would really love to visit canada come october. Thanks.