+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between MSc and MEng in University of Manitoba.??

asadallofme

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
hi,

i am Asad from Pakistan. i am going to apply for Masters from University of Manitoba for January 2012 session. so i wana know that should i take admission in MEng in electrical n computer systems or MSc in electrical n computer systems?? i have heared that duration of both MEng and MSc are same i.e 2 years.

So kindly help me so i that i will start my case.

Thanxx

Regards
Asad

DeRock

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
asadallofme said:
hi,

i am Asad from Pakistan. i am going to apply for Masters from University of Manitoba for January 2012 session. so i wana know that should i take admission in MEng in electrical n computer systems or MSc in electrical n computer systems?? i have heared that duration of both MEng and MSc are same i.e 2 years.

So kindly help me so i that i will start my case.

Thanxx

Regards
Asad
M Eng is a course based program where as Msc is a Research based program. So you decide upon your interest.All the best!!!!!!!

kirsh

Jul 18, 2011
no i wont say so ,.. both in MSc and ME we have both research based and COURSE based program ,.. ME will contain more hardware papers where has MSc will concentrate more on SW,..

i am going to U of M this fall ,.. u can see the difference in the course being taught ,.. in each degree,!!

asadallofme

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
but the duration of both MSc and MEng are same. BUt i heared that some students have completed their MEng in one year but duration was 2 years. so will they get 3 years work permit after their masters or 1 year permit?

kirsh

Jul 18, 2011
c 1 needs 24 credit to finish the masters degree in U of M if they are doing it as course based program ,.. ie 3 credit per paper ,.. so 8 papers in total ,.. if ur capable u can finish all 8 in 1 year ,.. but seriosuly its very tough ,.. it wont be just exam based as we have in india/pak(i guess) ,...

i know some very good students who are still doing their msc even after 4 years ,..!! (thesis based program)

kirsh

Jul 18, 2011
my personal advice would be to concentrate on the degree,,. to finish it will good grades ,.. then both Wrk Permit and job will automatically fall in line.,.!!

don rush ur self to finish it with in 12 months ,..

kirsh

Jul 18, 2011
it depends on each country ,.. all this info is given very clearly in their web site..!!

it also depends on ur profile.... if they feel ur cgpa isn't great they will offer u with a pre masters degree,.. which is for 1 year ,after finishing that with good grades u goto take up masters..!!( 1 of my frnd got 1ly premasters her % was around 65 in BE)

but if they feel u have a very strong profile they will give scholarships for even a course based degree without u applying for 1,..!!( i got 1 :) )
my % is around 70 with 2 years of work exp with a very big company,..!!

mawais102

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Hello Asad

Could u please tell me the Dead Line for Applying for M.Eng in Electrical and Computer for jan intake 2012

and what are their minmum CGPA and IELTS requirements are as
i have done Bachelors in Electronics Engineering
My CGPA is 3.77/4

and IELTS is 6.0
plzzzzzz reply