+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between advanced diploma and Postgraduate diploma

jass bhatia

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the Difference between advanced diploma and Postgraduate diploma?
I am a b-tech CSE pass out willing to study in Canada but I am having confusion regarding

3425 Computer Systems and Network Technology, Co-op(fast track advanced diploma) at centennial college
admission requirements-
•College diploma or university degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline

will this course show an progress in study? or will it be ok to get visa?

jasdeep

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in an advanced diploma and I don't have a degree like a bachelors or anything in my background. I guess that a post graduate means you have to have graduated a degree program before you can apply, whereas an advance diploma it doesn't matter if you have a degree or not. Several inmy class have degrees already as well as several straight out of highschool, or like me, international with a huge gap or international with a background in teaching at university. All of us in an advanced diploma.

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Fast track advanced diploma means,if you have UG degree then you can opt for the UG level 3 year program but you will be admitted to 2nd year (thats why fast track) but the thing is that one can opt for this program after 12th(India) also.So if you go for this program you will learn those things which you have studied already because its an UG level.
About post graduate,its clear from the name itself that only after completing your Bachelors you can choose PG.
Consultants in India make fool of students by stating that fast track advanced diploma's level is Graduate certificate which is in correct.
So as you are Btech pass out then you should go for PG or Masters .

Reactions: Zarna

jass bhatia

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your point is correct bro, but I was looking for an PG diploma in networking with two years duration as I don't want to go with masters but I was not able to find any such program other than this.
so please suggest weather it is right choice to go with this course or I should select some other course?
thanks for your reply..
I am not planning through any consultant

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
advanced diploma can be either Postgraduate or postsecondary.
(check your program for the requirements, if it asks for grade 11 or 12 only, then that is postsecondary diploma. if it asks for degree, then its postgraduate.)

postgraduate diploma is only postgraduate diploma.

jass bhatia

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess it is both post secondary and postgraduate because for graduates they are offering direct 2nd year admission whereas others will go to 1st year

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
jass bhatia said:
your point is correct bro, but I was looking for an PG diploma in networking with two years duration as I don't want to go with masters but I was not able to find any such program other than this.
so please suggest weather it is right choice to go with this course or I should select some other course?
thanks for your reply..
I am not planning through any consultant
Dude, just one suggestion here.. Dont think much abt. all this. firstly clear ur own goal where u wana study or settle in canada. iam saying this coz i have seen all the cases. 1 frd is B.tech chemical and he is doing diploma in environmental technician (2yrs). other frd is B.tech chem he is doing advance diploma, 1 is againg B.tech n he is doing masters. all faced no pblm while securing visa and now the 1st guy has even got 3yrs PGWP after doing his environmental diploma, on top of that he is also earnig well... co-op programs that are paid, are really helpful to get work-ex , which is really reqd to fetch a job there, as well they help u in making much of your expenses.. the choice is all yours..

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
jass bhatia said:
what is the Difference between advanced diploma and Postgraduate diploma?
I am a b-tech CSE pass out willing to study in Canada but I am having confusion regarding

3425 Computer Systems and Network Technology, Co-op(fast track advanced diploma) at centennial college
admission requirements-
•College diploma or university degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline

will this course show an progress in study? or will it be ok to get visa?

jasdeep
N if u ask me, m going for masters. If at all i dont get masters, ill opt for advance diploma too... ATB

Dmanjure

Mar 28, 2017
I have complted my masters in bioanalytical sciences, can i apply for environmental technician course ?

harsh6

Jan 23, 2019
I have completed my bachelor degree in India and I got admission in Diploma course so can I proceed or not? let me know please!

Zarna

Dec 18, 2019
Fast track advanced diploma means,if you have UG degree then you can opt for the UG level 3 year program but you will be admitted to 2nd year (thats why fast track) but the thing is that one can opt for this program after 12th(India) also.So if you go for this program you will learn those things which you have studied already because its an UG level.
About post graduate,its clear from the name itself that only after completing your Bachelors you can choose PG.
Consultants in India make fool of students by stating that fast track advanced diploma's level is Graduate certificate which is in correct.
So as you are Btech pass out then you should go for PG or Masters .
I completed b.sc(3 years) and m.sc in organic chemistry(2 years). although my agent applied in fasttrack advanced diploma in centennial college, i got visa rejection. And now I'm going to apply in pg diploma course. Is it would be appropriate for me?