+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't list my travel history in visa application

Lanawu

Aug 5, 2024
Hello,

I have submitted my application for visa (which will be posted in my passport) with my work permit at the end of July, 2024. The application is being processed.

I just found that I didn't list my travel to the US in August 2019 when answering the following question in "Previous Travel" of the IMM 5257_1e form, an optional document:

"Since the age of 18 or during the past five years, whichever is most recent, have you travelled to any country or territory other than the country of your citizenship or your current country or territory of residence?"

I put "no" as the answer in my application.

(I was in a hurry and did not read the question carefully. I thought it was the same question with the one from IMM5257e Form "During the past five years have you lived in any country or territory other than your country of citizenship or your current country or territory of residence for more than six months?")

Should I send an updated document with my travel history to US via web form? Will sending the web form delay the processing time? Will this be considered as misrepresentation?

I couldn't get through the IRCC phone line, so I hope to get advice from this forum.
Thank you very much!

Ghooriha

Jul 31, 2024
Hi,
I'm not an expert on this, but you can send a webform to update your application.

In this forum, there was also another Indian applicant based in the UK who had a similar issue (actually he got his US visa and travel after he applied for a Canadian visa). He withdrew his application and reapplied.

Anyway, I would go with updating my application with webform

Lanawu

Aug 5, 2024
Hi,
I'm not an expert on this, but you can send a webform to update your application.

In this forum, there was also another Indian applicant based in the UK who had a similar issue (actually he got his US visa and travel after he applied for a Canadian visa). He withdrew his application and reapplied.

Anyway, I would go with updating my application with webform
Thank you so much for your time and sharing!! I think I will raise a webform.