+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DID YOUR VISA OFFICE ASK FOR A COPY OF THE CSQ?

Gugi123

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
csq granted 08-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-04-2014 (AOR1); 24-04-2014 (AOR2)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-03-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
November 2013

TASK:

Respond with

a) yes/no
b) visa office
c) Month and Year

ISSUE:

To understand whether the visa office will:

A) Receive a copy of the CSQ from the MICC; OR
B) Request a copy of the CSQ from the applicant

BACKGROUND:

Inconsistent information exists on the forum. Some forum members report that their visa office requested a copy of the CSQ, while other forum members from the same visa office report that a copy of their CSQ was not requested.

CURRENT STATUS:

May 8, 2014 - CSQ Issued for an outland spousal application.
MICC letter indicates that a copy of the CSQ was also transmitted to the visa office (SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA)
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA visa office has not requested a copy of the CSQ
May 26, 2014 - Message sent to sydney-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca that CSQ was issued and whether a copy is expected - no updates yet.

ANALYSIS:

If the MICC informs the visa office of granting of CSQ, why are the visa offices requesting a copy of the CSQ? It does not make any sense to request the CSQ copy it they VO already received information from MICC that it was issued/granted

NEXT STEP:

I would love if others were informed whether their visa office is expecting the CSQ copy from applicants regardless of whether the MICC transmits this information as it will help them to take a proactive approach and send it to the visa office as soon as they become aware to minimize their processing time.

Gugi123

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
csq granted 08-05-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-03-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
November 2013
The letter from MICC when the CSQ was issued states the following:

"We are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved. Please ind herewith a copy o the approved undertaking, and the Quebec selection certificates. Copy 1 is for the sponsored person(s). Copy 3 is for Immigration Canada (should they require it). Both copies must be forwarded to APPLICANT's NAME. We will also transmit the relevant information of the issuance of the CSQ(s) to the Canadian visa office that is processing the file."

In a separate letter in the same MICC package the following is stated:

"We will transmit the relevant information of the issuance of your CSQ(s) to the Canadian visa office. However, certain Canadian visa offices require a copy of the CSQ. Please find herewith a second copy labelled on the bottom of page 3 - IMMIGRATION - CANADA - that can be used should that become necessary."

In the letter from CIC stating that I have met the Federal requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and that the application regarding permanent residence for my wife has been forwarded to the visa office abroad (SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA) for further processing, the following is noted:

"Provincial Requirements for Residents of Quebec

As a resident of the province of Quebec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. To download the forms, please consult the MICC website. Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MICC at the address provided in the provincial guide. Do not submit any of the MICC forms to this office as they will only be returned to you. You must enclose a copy o this correspondence with your undertaking application to MICC. If you receive this communication via e-mail, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you. You may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking application to MICC."

As you can read above, there is no mention in the CIC letter that I must send a copy or the original CSQ to the visa office once it is granted/issued or that the visa office is expecting the CSQ from the applicant. The letter does not even put this reason down under "when should I contact CIC?"

In the AOR2 Email from Sydney, it also does not make mention of the CSQ as a reason under "when should I contact CIC?"
Under "When will CIC contact me?", the following is stated, "CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview."

On May15, 2014, a week after the CSQ was issued, I called CIC's 1-800 contact number to ask if they received the CSQ and they said no.

Under CIC's IP (in canada) Manual, the following is stated:

"Applications from sponsors in Quebec - FC Redesign (Spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and dependent children)
Both the sponsorship and applications for permanent residence are submitted together to
CPC-M.
CPC-M:
• performs the completeness checks on the both applications;
• assesses the sponsor's eligibility against federal criteria;
• if application meets federal criteria, notifies MICC of the sponsorship received by a resident of Quebec to initiate the process for the review of provincial eligiblity to determine if engagement and CSQ will be issued;
• sends the application for permanent residence to the visa office for processing.
MICC:
• sends the Engagement and the CSQ to to the visa office.

Under CIC's Operational Bulletin 295-A - May 7, 2012 - Change in Procedures for Processing Quebec Family Class Applications – Modified, the following is noted:

b) At Visa Offices:

The MICC will continue to send decisions on undertaking applications to visa offices in the usual manner.

"When the visa officer notes that the undertaking application has been approved, but a Certificat de Sélection du Quebec (CSQ) is missing for one or more persons included in the application, the officer will ask the principal applicant to provide the missing CSQ(s). The visa office can contact the MICC at garants.dsiq @ micc.gouv.qc.ca."

In the OP2 Manual (outside canada), the following is noted:

"10.7. Sponsorships from persons residing in Quebec Service aux garants et aux candidats à l'immigration informs the sponsor if an "engagement" is
approved or refused. In approved cases, the Service aux garants et aux candidats à l'immigration sends the sponsor three copies of the "engagement". One copy will bear the notation Copie conforme Service aux garants et aux candidats à l'immigration #_____. It will also bear a Service aux garants et aux candidats à l'immigration stamp, the ministerial decree number and the number of the employee authorized to sign the
"engagement". The sponsor sends the copy bearing the notation, stamp and number to the sponsored applicant. The sponsored applicant attaches it to their application for a permanent resident visa."

However, the only issue is the last line since the application for permanent residence was already submitted prior to applying to MICC.

According to the Sponsorship Guide 3900 - Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada, the following is noted:

"processing will begin when MICC informs us of their approval of your undertaking."

folks, delays can be avoided by being proactive and just sending this document before it is even requested, if at all.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
That's a whole lot of typing just to say, "MICC is supposed to send the CSQ directly to CIC, but sometimes this gets botched [like every other aspect of the PR application process] and you're provided a copy of the CSQ that you can forward to CIC."

I was an inland applicant. CIC received my CSQ from MICC with no problems.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Gugi123 said:

TASK:

Respond with

a) yes/no
b) visa office
c) Month and Year

ISSUE:

To understand whether the visa office will:

A) Receive a copy of the CSQ from the MICC; OR
B) Request a copy of the CSQ from the applicant

BACKGROUND:

Inconsistent information exists on the forum. Some forum members report that their visa office requested a copy of the CSQ, while other forum members from the same visa office report that a copy of their CSQ was not requested.

CURRENT STATUS:

May 8, 2014 - CSQ Issued for an outland spousal application.
MICC letter indicates that a copy of the CSQ was also transmitted to the visa office (SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA)
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA visa office has not requested a copy of the CSQ
May 26, 2014 - Message sent to sydney-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca that CSQ was issued and whether a copy is expected - no updates yet.

ANALYSIS:

If the MICC informs the visa office of granting of CSQ, why are the visa offices requesting a copy of the CSQ? It does not make any sense to request the CSQ copy it they VO already received information from MICC that it was issued/granted

NEXT STEP:

I would love if others were informed whether their visa office is expecting the CSQ copy from applicants regardless of whether the MICC transmits this information as it will help them to take a proactive approach and send it to the visa office as soon as they become aware to minimize their processing time.
I was wondering the same thing myself. However, I sent a scanned copy of my CSQ as soon as I received it. From my first set of notes ordered, I see that the VO acknowledges receipt of CSQ. VO is Ottawa.

Gugi123

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
csq granted 08-05-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-03-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
November 2013
QuebecOkie said:
That's a whole lot of typing just to say, "MICC is supposed to send the CSQ directly to CIC, but sometimes this gets botched [like every other aspect of the PR application process] and you're provided a copy of the CSQ that you can forward to CIC."

I was an inland applicant. CIC received my CSQ from MICC with no problems.
Thanks for the comment...I don't mind sharing more information than necessary because 1) i'm not being graded on it, and 2) it helps others on this forum down the road when seeking for clarification...for all we know, MICC already transmitted the "relevant information" to the visa office...but the visa office doesn't find it to be relevant enough and then expects a copy of the CSQ to confirm the "relevant information" that MICC provided to them in the first place....the issue is the applicant has no clue whether the visa office expects or will be requesting a copy of the CSQ...this helps identifiy if some visa offices are skipping this verification process to cut processing times...

inland seems to be different from outland according to my research...

Gugi123

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
csq granted 08-05-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-03-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
November 2013
Patience09 said:
I was wondering the same thing myself. However, I sent a scanned copy of my CSQ as soon as I received it. From my first set of notes ordered, I see that the VO acknowledges receipt of CSQ. VO is Ottawa.
I've requested a copy of my GCMS notes as well - Outland office (Sydney) to see if they complete the same acknowledgement of receipt of the CSQ...did you receive any correspondence when you sent the copy of the CSQ to CPP-O?

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Gugi123 said:
I've requested a copy of my GCMS notes as well - Outland office (Sydney) to see if they complete the same acknowledgement of receipt of the CSQ...did you receive any correspondence when you sent the copy of the CSQ to CPP-O?
No, no communication at all, though Ottawa is not known for responding most times. That's why I requested notes.

Gugi123

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
csq granted 08-05-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-03-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
November 2013
Patience09 said:
No, no communication at all, though Ottawa is not known for responding most times. That's why I requested notes.
Sydney office responded to my web enquiry by email today requesting a copy of the CSQ, which I quickly sent.
I'm surprised that almost one month has passed and they haven't received a copy of the csq from micc...