+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did tax on income ( out of status) need advice

Vles

Jul 29, 2018
Ontario
Hello I need advice if possible….
I have been working illegally under the table for sometime and didn’t know I had to pay tax on the income I have received.As I had no status and no one to explain to me the law of Canada.
I now have a inland sponsorship in and recently did my tax for 3 years resulting in late fee and a huge amount to pay CRA. I was able to obtain a temporary sin number until I get a permanent sin, So I can pay the tax owe. My problem is would it have a bad impact on my application , when my background check is being done?
(The application was in before CRA did my assessment)
2. Would my wife have to repay CRA? She was not receiving any HST credit because on her tax return she always leave my income zero and my sin# blank???

I know it was wrong to work illegally and I deeply regret but I needed to help my wife and family back home it’s really hard with one income to contribute to bills etc.I am just looking to hear if anyone had similar experience and if you can voice your opinion or words of wisdom.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello I need advice if possible….
I have been working illegally under the table for sometime and didn’t know I had to pay tax on the income I have received.As I had no status and no one to explain to me the law of Canada.
I now have a inland sponsorship in and recently did my tax for 3 years resulting in late fee and a huge amount to pay CRA. I was able to obtain a temporary sin number until I get a permanent sin, So I can pay the tax owe. My problem is would it have a bad impact on my application , when my background check is being done?
(The application was in before CRA did my assessment)
2. Would my wife have to repay CRA? She was not receiving any HST credit because on her tax return she always leave my income zero and my sin# blank???

I know it was wrong to work illegally and I deeply regret but I needed to help my wife and family back home it’s really hard with one income to contribute to bills etc.I am just looking to hear if anyone had similar experience and if you can voice your opinion or words of wisdom.
This won't impact your PR application.

There's a good chance CRA will tell your wife that she needs to refile her returns to declare your income.

Reactions: Vles