+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did IRCC just ruined my entire life?

themisseddraw

Dec 21, 2022
IRCC may have put me into deep depression. My struggle for the past almost 1.5 years may end up in a tragedy, it seems. Would you like to know my story?

In short, I wanted to immigrate to Canada so badly but didn't have any skills. I did work in a skilled job but my English was horrible and my points were really low. During the time EE was paused, I was determined to immigrate, so I spent a lot of money taking English lessons at my local British council. Did my IELTS exam 4 times and finally reached 8.5 bands. I also learned French and spent a lot of money on that but somehow would always fail. After many exam attempts, finally at the end of November, I was able to get B2 plus in my TEF exams. By that time, however, the November draw already happened. All my hopes were on December. But today they're all broken. Now I was looking up on the internet and everyone is saying that from next year, they will only focus on a very niche category of occupations.

So, all my hard work, all the money I threw at British Council and Alliance Francaise, has now completely gone to waste. I know there are many people on this forum who are suffering like me, or even worse. This is why I thought I should share with you all how IRCC may end up ruining my entire life. Just to let all of you know that you're not alone in this!

After today's missed draw, I feel like I have nothing to look forward to. I feel like I do not want to live anymore. That being said, I don't think I can ever hurt myself, but I put so much hope on this ruthless agency. I can never forgive myself for this. Now when they start their occupation draws next year, people like me will be left out and forgotten. I knew that immigration is a brutal game, but I don't have words to describe the level of apathy this organization has.

Reactions: Minh Ho

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
No need to lose hope. Once C-19 implemented, they will definitely have targeted draws specifically on French speakers. There is no doubt about that. B2 I believe is enough for that.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
And your English looks pretty good! You learnt the languages and that is going to stay with you regardless.
Good luck.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
IRCC may have put me into deep depression. My struggle for the past almost 1.5 years may end up in a tragedy, it seems. Would you like to know my story?

In short, I wanted to immigrate to Canada so badly but didn't have any skills. I did work in a skilled job but my English was horrible and my points were really low. During the time EE was paused, I was determined to immigrate, so I spent a lot of money taking English lessons at my local British council. Did my IELTS exam 4 times and finally reached 8.5 bands. I also learned French and spent a lot of money on that but somehow would always fail. After many exam attempts, finally at the end of November, I was able to get B2 plus in my TEF exams. By that time, however, the November draw already happened. All my hopes were on December. But today they're all broken. Now I was looking up on the internet and everyone is saying that from next year, they will only focus on a very niche category of occupations.

So, all my hard work, all the money I threw at British Council and Alliance Francaise, has now completely gone to waste. I know there are many people on this forum who are suffering like me, or even worse. This is why I thought I should share with you all how IRCC may end up ruining my entire life. Just to let all of you know that you're not alone in this!

After today's missed draw, I feel like I have nothing to look forward to. I feel like I do not want to live anymore. That being said, I don't think I can ever hurt myself, but I put so much hope on this ruthless agency. I can never forgive myself for this. Now when they start their occupation draws next year, people like me will be left out and forgotten. I knew that immigration is a brutal game, but I don't have words to describe the level of apathy this organization has.
Don't lose hope keeping trying PNP and smaller provinces.

thaipham

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
Knowing how incompetent IRCC are, I don't think they can implement the system that targets specific occupations quickly. They will need to get data from each province to know which talents they need before they can start that program. For now, don't lose hope, I'm sure they will have a normal draw very soon. In the meantime, enjoy Christmas and New Year with your friends and family. Next year will be great.

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Also have you considered Quebec Skilled Worker program? They have a similar EOI system, and being able to speak French is the key to get an invitation.

Minh Ho

Feb 13, 2022
Knowing how incompetent IRCC are, I don't think they can implement the system that targets specific occupations quickly. They will need to get data from each province to know which talents they need before they can start that program. For now, don't lose hope, I'm sure they will have a normal draw very soon. In the meantime, enjoy Christmas and New Year with your friends and family. Next year will be great.
I also think that way, they will not apply new way to get people right away. In the meantime, they can not wait for new system get ready to land more people. So they will draw again they fix the current system. It’s goo for us somehow what if our application will be sent to inactive officers.

Reactions: casebeth1209

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
i was invited in September 2020, and still waiting. I have turned down 2 opportunities for promotion. I lost my second child and grandfather while waiting. Canada might not be the magical solution to all the problems. but we need to face the challenges in life. What ever it takes.

Reactions: casebeth1209

casebeth1209

Dec 21, 2022

I'm so sorry for what is happening. It's so unfair. Could you/would you want to come to the US?

casebeth1209

Dec 21, 2022
I also think that way, they will not apply new way to get people right away. In the meantime, they can not wait for new system get ready to land more people. So they will draw again they fix the current system. It’s goo for us somehow what if our application will be sent to inactive officers.
They can't even fix their current system in a month's time. How will the start new implementation??? It sounds like they are doing exactly that, landing no one. We applied for EE just before the 11/23 draw and it makes me wonder if we'd be better off staying in the US.

h1bmigrant

Dec 21, 2022
Can only feel your pain. Being so close and working so hard to improve your competencies. You still have a very decent score though. Some people on Twitter are saying they might conduct a farewell draw. Let's see.

Reactions: Minh Ho

nomi00

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
dont loose hope.
they have temporarily paused the draws just to ensure that no issues remain in system.

furthermore, c-19 will implement from spring, so, i think its draws will start may b from mar`23.

You will still have the route of pnp. check different pnp streams too.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I agree, don't loose hope. Look at the brighter side : you had learned French, which doesn't come easy. Don't worry it is just a break and not an end of world. Determination and hard work will take you places. All the best and don't ever give up.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
When you started learning French, you probably heard many people tell you that you would never reach a decent enough level and now, here you are with your B2. That kind of commitment is an asset, anywhere you end up living.

It can be very frustrating to start a project where you cannot control entirely the outcome or the process (in this case, what IRCC will or will not do).

You may want to look into changing your immigration roadmap by investigating PNP streams and their requirements.

Until there is a clearer view of how the new system will work, make sure you stay on top of your EE profile so that you are ready to roll when you get the invitation to apply!

h1bmigrant

Dec 21, 2022
dont loose hope.
they have temporarily paused the draws just to ensure that no issues remain in system.

furthermore, c-19 will implement from spring, so, i think its draws will start may b from mar`23.

You will still have the route of pnp. check different pnp streams too.
I don't speak French but I think even if they draw French-speaking workers, they might ask them to be in a specific occupation. Like for example, you need to be an engineer AND you need to speak French. But since OP has a score of 507, he might get selected if they do regular draws by Jan or Feb. But who knows. They ruined so many Christmases.