+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did I invalidate my eTA? Help would really be appreciated. Admissibility question.

MatthewBridge

Oct 5, 2021
On my last visit, I entered Canada as a tourist from the UK on a return plane ticket and told the border official (or whoever that was that asked) that I would be staying for 2 weeks, which was my real intention. I received no stamp or date that I was to leave the country by.

I ended up canceling the return flight back to the UK as I wanted to stay in Canada a bit longer. My visit in Canada ended up being a 6 month stay (which I understood to be the maximum time that a visitor from the UK can stay). I didn't think I needed to officially tell anyone about my plans to stay longer than the two weeks so long as I returned within 6 months. Was I wrong?

I would like to go back to Canada soon.
Will my eTA be invalid because of the above? Will my stay count as an overstay? Will I now be inadmissible?

I can't check my eTA status as I no longer have the email containing the relevant number.

Thank you for any help,
Matthew.

MatthewBridge

Oct 5, 2021
I'm not totally sure that I didn't overstay by a day or 2.
I stayed 182 days. Still less than half a year but is this ok?

MatthewBridge

Oct 5, 2021
I'm no longer concerned about the 2 days mentioned above
but can anyone confirm that my eTA would be ok after the scenario in the first post?