+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did Citizenship test 13 months ago .. Cold case .. please help!

Jun 22, 2016
This case is driving me nuts!
I did my test more than 13 months ago, yet haven't heard back.

Here is my timeline:
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 03, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 04, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 19, 2015.
Got the RQ on Feb 20, 2015!

4. We sent you a notice on May 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

-Already contacted MPs - they said "RQ - nothing we can do for you"
-Already ordered ATIPs - ATIP Last Activities:
File went from Immigration office to Citizenship Office. Citizenship office sent it back to immigration which re-sent it back to Citizenship. (All within the span of a few days). As far as I know, the file stayed there.

File also says "Turnkey project" - whatever the f*ck that means - while elsewhere, states that some processes haven't been started... Weird.

I'm currently waiting for my next ATIP, but this situation is becoming ridiculous!
What are my options?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Welcome to my club.

You keep ordering an electronic ATIP every other month and a paper ATIP every other (second) month to make sure your file doesn't collect dust.

You contact MP McCallum and complain.

You consider Mandamus in a year...

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
prospectiveCitizen said:

Here is my timeline:
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 03, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 04, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4. We sent you a notice on May 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

File went from Immigration office to Citizenship Office. Citizenship office sent it back to immigration which re-sent it back to Citizenship. (All within the span of a few days). As far as I know, the file stayed there.

File also says "Turnkey project" - whatever the f*ck that means - while elsewhere, states that some processes haven't been started... Weird.

I'm currently waiting for my next ATIP, but this situation is becoming ridiculous!
What are my options?
Contact John Mcllum/ email and call his office everyday. EVERYDAY. Request personal meeting. Bug him/his office. Nothing to loose. And keep bugging. These CIC arsehles need to improve!!

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prospectiveCitizen said:

Here is my timeline:

What are my options?

Same boat my friend... been waiting for DM since Jan....nothing yet

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
You consider Mandamus in a year...
No need to wait for a year,
First ask your MP to send the letter to CIC where your file is located, then ask them to contact McCallum.
Get one digital ATIP and one scan of your physical application, collect all this docs and answers, and go see the lawyer.

Jun 22, 2016
ambient2 said:
No need to wait for a year,
First ask your MP to send the letter to CIC where your file is located, then ask them to contact McCallum.
Get one digital ATIP and one scan of your physical application, collect all this docs and answers, and go see the lawyer.
You, and me, both.