+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diabetes Mellitus - Type 2

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Harsh is right, take it easy - DO NOT hide and don't panic. They don't do a sugar test, they do a Urinalysis where they look for Protein presence not sugar. If protein is present then they ask you for more test, presence of protein means you have high blood sugar at fasting like above 300 and for many days/months or you have some other non diabetic kidney issues, If they find protein in urine, that can be fixed too by taking some medication but lets not go there.

Just take your medication, drink a lot of water before you go to doctor and do not lie, once you tell them that you have diabetes, they will ask you to do a extra test for Serum Creatnine, this test is to check the function of the Kidney and as long as that test is OK, you will pass the medical.

There are lots of immigrants move to Canada with Type II diabetes, Its not a problem that you have diabetes, problem is when you have other complications because of it.

Best of Luck!

Reactions: MonikaT2D

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
Thanks NewYorker,
You have sufficiently explained it to us.

I also came to know that Glycosylated Hemogloi test is the one, which proves how long the patient is carry the diabetes. The level can be lower if the diabetes is under control for long time, otherwise it also shows through the blood test the validation of diabetes and high sugar level history.

Anyway thanks everyone for being part of the discussion.

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
Just to let you know guys that i am in the process of controlling this disease and am progressing well. I hope with the postal strike in UK, i'll gain more time to adjust the blood sugar level.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
How are you doing it? With medication or exercise?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
I feel a lot of fear among people who have certain medical conditions. I can reassure you all that CIC is not very rigid about these things. Most of the immigrants have some form of medical condition. As long as the medical condition does not threaten the Canadian population or overburden the medical system, you are not threat to CIC. Take it easy guys.

Arizona

Oct 19, 2009
Thanks so much for starting this topic, Manager, I have been following it for sometime, though my case is similar I have type 2 diabetic with +2 glucose level in my urine. Also I have +2 protein in my urine. What is my chance of passing immigration medical test.

I am very confuse and dejected. Is there any hope

Arizona

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Arizona:

They will ask you to undergo some additional medical tests if need be. However, it does not disqualify you in any way. STOP thinking too much about these things.

Arizona

Oct 19, 2009
Thanks MarkCan, this had been giving me great concern but i can now rest a little with what i have heard from you. Please do you know the other tests that the doctor will perform and how deep are the tests.

Thanks.

Arizona

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Arizona said:
Thanks MarkCan, this had been giving me great concern but i can now rest a little with what i have heard from you. Please do you know the other tests that the doctor will perform and how deep are the tests.

Thanks.

Arizona
Arizona,

They do Urinalysis which contains the test to check the amount of protein leaking from the kidneys to the Urine. Also, they do other Kidney tests, (look at my earlier reply) where they test the function of the kidneys.

You need to control your sugar level so the protein stop leaking in your urine. You need exercise and diet plus your medication. Bring your A1c level down and you will see the difference. Also, you need certain medication for that (ask your doctor)

I am not a physician, I just happen to have a buddy who went through this all and he is immigrated now and set in Canada. So nothing is impossible, just don't make your condition more worse and take care of yourself before the medical as well as after.

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
I am stating the guidelines to applicants like me who got diabetic during the process of application.

Guys you need to be very tight on the following to bring your Blood Sugar level in control;
1- Exercise at least on1 hour daily. (Brisk walk or more tough exercise recommended)
2- Control your diet. don't eat anything with sugar/glucose and watch your carbohydrate level. Follow the simple rule, eat raw fruit and vegetables and eat less calories.
3- Test yourself three times a day to keep track of your glucose levels.
4- Usually most of the doctors will recommend you Metaformine (Glucophage) if you are type II diabetic at very initial stage. Better follow medication prescribed by your doctor and don't allow creatanine level increase in your urine.

Arizona

Oct 19, 2009
Dear Newyorker & Manager,
You guys have been so wonderful. I tested my self on saturday using Glucometer and i am within range 101 but when i tested this morning it was 127 out of range, why this fluctuation i thought it will remain like that with continued exercise. Also will bringing the sugar level down bring down the protein level in the urine?

Please let me know. Also let us have pple that have pssed through this stage or in this stage send their posts.

Arizona

Reactions: MonikaT2D

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Arizona said:
Dear Newyorker & Manager,
You guys have been so wonderful. I tested my self on saturday using Glucometer and i am within range 101 but when i tested this morning it was 127 out of range, why this fluctuation i thought it will remain like that with continued exercise. Also will bringing the sugar level down bring down the protein level in the urine?

Please let me know. Also let us have pple that have pssed through this stage or in this stage send their posts.

Arizona
Calm down, I don't know about the sugar level as you need to discuss with your doctor. Sugar level depends upon the food you eat and exercise you do. If you eat late in the night and go to sleep, your sugar level will be high in the morning.

Follow the instruction "Manager" has provided and you will be fine. Take it easy and eat your medicine and eat less carbs and sugary foods. If you control your glucose level, you will live like a normal healthy person.

You need to do a urinalysis int he lab and discuss it with your doctor and ensure there is no Protein in the urine, if there is, they will give you medicine to control it. Also ask him to perform a Serrum Creatnine test and ensure the levels are normal.

We are not doctors here, all I am saying is with my limited knowledge, I do not have this disease, otherwise I will tell you some more details, so trust your doctor and ask him these questions. All I can say is you are panicking way too much.

Manager

Oct 5, 2009
An Important Question.
Is any one aware that CHC check up after medical all the records of the applicant with the hospitals, health clinics, medical insurance companies, health service providers etc about the history of the person and compare that record.

Is anyone aware of it?

lova

Oct 24, 2009
hi

i think the officials are only worried about diseases that are communicable ..that is those that may harm others or are proving as a hindrance to your daily living in canada..and diabetes mellitus does not fall in that category...

Its is a very common thing like high blood pressure ...
no way u will be rejected visa for that

dont hide it

Lova