+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

details of non accompanying spouse in my PR application,

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Snehan said:
Hi zardoz,

Few queries,

1. As my wife is having official passport so she can't accompany me this time unless she quit the govt job and make a regular passport (i think quitting the govt job for her will not be a wise decision before i settle to Canada). Is there any other way around so that my wife can accompany me this time ? What is your opinion in this case ?

2. If my wife can't accompany me this time then I was wondering when can i sponsor her along with my new born child and how much time the whole sponsorship process takes ?

3. My new born child is just two weeks old. Should i keep him as accompanying or non accompanying in the application (as my wife is not accompanying) ? Or is better to sponsor both later on ?

Can you please reply in a bit detail pls ?

Others are requested to share their views as well.
One more thing in my mind for the seniors here to answer in context of Snehan and one of my friend having similar situation.
What if the wife apply for an advance long leave (1 year) and officially gets permission ( from gov) to travel abroad with her husband and kid.( the long leave with international travelling for gov officials is do-able in most of the countries as it is in my friends case)
Will cic have any objection adding the wife as accompany dependant ? As sponsoring in future will once again take a lot of time.
By including her she can get pr at the same time, travel to canada , in the start stay for 6,7 months then going back to her country.
Can it work this way?

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
kriv said:
One more thing in my mind for the seniors here to answer in context of Snehan and one of my friend having similar situation.
What if the wife apply for an advance long leave (1 year) and officially gets permission ( from gov) to travel abroad with her husband and kid.( the long leave with international travelling for gov officials is do-able in most of the countries as it is in my friends case)
Will cic have any objection adding the wife as accompany dependant ? As sponsoring in future will once again take a lot of time.
By including her she can get pr at the same time, travel to canada , in the start stay for 6,7 months then going back to her country.
Can it work this way?
Hi kriv,

The government might allow her leave for a year, that might not be a problem. But the problem is with getting the VISA on the official passport. In fact, CIC won't put the immigration visa on an official passport (otherwise CIC would have mentioned that they will give visa if the govt gives permission). And if she wants to get a regular passport then she needs to surrender her current official passport which requires quitting the job.

Can you tell me how much time it takes for a sponsorship visa processing ? If i sponsor my wife later on then how much time it will take for her to get the visa?

angelmio

Feb 3, 2015
Hi Everyone... my permanent residence is already approved but by then that immigration waiting for my family's passport, my husband decided for non accompanying... is there any problem on getting my permanent residence bec. my interview appointment is not yet done and still waiting. If I just passed my kids passport and pay for my RESIDENCE FEE ONLY do they still issue for the visa of my 2 kids? is there any documents to be passed so it will not give me trouble in the future? How about the landed time as its said July 2015 will it Cause any problem on my side and my kids??? please HELP ME.... its urgent... thanks

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
angelmio said:
Hi Everyone... my permanent residence is already approved but by then that immigration waiting for my family's passport, my husband decided for non accompanying... is there any problem on getting my permanent residence bec. my interview appointment is not yet done and still waiting. If I just passed my kids passport and pay for my RESIDENCE FEE ONLY do they still issue for the visa of my 2 kids? is there any documents to be passed so it will not give me trouble in the future? How about the landed time as its said July 2015 will it Cause any problem on my side and my kids??? please HELP ME.... its urgent... thanks
I really don't understand wot your question is...can you please provide more details about in which category did you applied your pr application.

angelmio

Feb 3, 2015
I'm in Live in caregiver program and just approved my Residency last sat.

Immigration is asking for my dependants passport but right now my husband wants for non accompanying and doesn't want to give his passport for visa... is it ok to send ONLY MY KIDS PASSPORT AND SEND A LETTER FOR NON ACCOMPANYING eventhough i'm already APPROVED? THANKS

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
angelmio said:
I'm in Live in caregiver program and just approved my Residency
Ok so when you submit your pr application you included your husband and 2 kids in your application by paying their pr processing fee and they also did their medicals...right?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
angelmio said:
yes Sir...
Ok good so far... Now your pr processing is complete and your husband do not want to get his permanent residence status?.. Am I right ...?

angelmio

Feb 3, 2015
kriv said:
Ok good so far... Now your pr processing is complete and your husband do not want to get his permanent residence status?.. Am I right ...?
so what is my next thing to do now especially they are asking for their passport?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelmio said:
I'm in Live in caregiver program and just approved my Residency last sat.

Immigration is asking for my dependants passport but right now my husband wants for non accompanying and doesn't want to give his passport for visa... is it ok to send ONLY MY KIDS PASSPORT AND SEND A LETTER FOR NON ACCOMPANYING eventhough i'm already APPROVED? THANKS
Yes, you can ask to change his status to non accompanying. However, you can also tell him he should stop being so difficult and send his passport. He will get the PR visa and he doesn't have to use it if he doesn't want to. He can let it expire and not become a PR if that is what he wants. However, if he changes his mind and does want his PR, having the visa will let him land in Canada, at least if he makes up his mind before it expires. Otherwise, you would have to sponsor him and that can take a long time.

angelmio

Feb 3, 2015
Leon said:
Yes, you can ask to change his status to non accompanying. However, you can also tell him he should stop being so difficult and send his passport. He will get the PR visa and he doesn't have to use it if he doesn't want to. He can let it expire and not become a PR if that is what he wants. However, if he changes his mind and does want his PR, having the visa will let him land in Canada, at least if he makes up his mind before it expires. Otherwise, you would have to sponsor him and that can take a long time.
how if he get his visa and he wants to landed LATER before the expiry date of his visa ALONE; So if that happens I need to go home and bring my kids here by myself to settle everything like school, is there any Consent from him, so for us to travel even without him

Reactions: Bede123

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelmio said:
how if he get his visa and he wants to landed LATER before the expiry date of his visa ALONE; So if that happens I need to go home and bring my kids here by myself to settle everything like school, is there any Consent from him, so for us to travel even without him
In order to travel with your kids alone, you normally need a letter from the other parent stating it is ok with them.

You can find such a letter here: http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/consent-letter

ssx2

Oct 10, 2014
Hi
My spouse is already PR. Is it necessary to add details of my spouse in my application?
I apply pr under pnp.
thx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssx2 said:
Hi
My spouse is already PR. Is it necessary to add details of my spouse in my application?
I apply pr under pnp.
thx
If your spouse is already PR, you do not include them on your IMM0008 application form but you do include them in the additional family information form.