+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Describe the circumstances of your first meeting.

Goldenheart

Mar 31, 2021
Please I need a guide. I met my husband on Facebook and we became friends, today we are married. Could this be an acceptable circumstance?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It's not unusual for couples to meet online (i.e. facebook) but I think they also want to know when you two physically met.
So just describe what is the truth. If you first know each other via facebook, put that down. But remember to describe the development of the relationship.
I am sure you two didn't just met on facebook and then got married the first time you met in person. :)
good luck.

Reactions: davidtal2406

kieraj

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yes, just detail how you found each other, the circumstances of how you eventually meant irl and back it up with screenshots of your conversations... thats what I did

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
As others said, best thing is to explain the whole scenario. My husband and I provided them with the date and circumstances of how we met online and also the date and circumstances of our first meeting in person.

The important thing is to make sure your explanation is clear and doesn’t contradict the timeline of your relationship anywhere else in the application. (In our case we gave a very clear and logical timeline of meeting online, meeting in person, living together, then married, which took place over a span of eight years. Our explanation showed a very obvious and logical progression of our relationship that made sense, which is ultimately what they’re looking for.)

Last edited:

Gagan@88

Dec 13, 2023
Family sponsorship
File recieved- June 1 2023
Medical -Aug 13 2023
Biometeric done in advance valid 2029
File transfer to delhi Aug 31 2023
Dec 7 2023 Pre arrival invitation
Anyone know how much time it will take he is Indian airforce